by teacup
17 Jul 2006, 19:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale
Replies: 20
Views: 15191

Re: Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale

Nuccia,

Thank you, yes these are what I was looking for. When I first saw them, I had no means to copy the image so I wrote everyting down on a paper. Now I will send these to my Uncle and ask him if he knows about these children.

terri
by teacup
17 Jul 2006, 05:20

You have all been so kind and helpful that I feel I need to share my update with you on the Carrozza's. I spoke with my Uncle yesterdya and he said that he vaguely remembers being told that the children (his Father, Aunts and Uncles) were split up at some point. He didn't remember whether they went ...
by teacup
15 Jul 2006, 07:08

JCSM, wldspirit, thanks for the information, I am in awe that you could find so much in such a short time! I am intrigued with the possibility that the greatgrandmother may have remarried. It may well be my grandfather and Great Aunt in the orphanage, if the GGrandfather had died and the mother coul...
by teacup
15 Jul 2006, 06:53
Topic: DiLeonardo from Contessa Entellina
Replies: 10
Views: 7357

Re: DiLeonardo from Contessa Entellina

Thank you all so much! Jim, I went to the Contessa Entellina site and the picture of the countryside was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes! I an only guess that times must have been really bad for the family to leave such a lovely area! Ricbru, wldspirit, you are the best! I can see I will b...
by teacup
14 Jul 2006, 20:15

Re: DiLeonardo from Contessa Entellina

Thank you! What does the (PA) stand for?
by teacup
14 Jul 2006, 20:12

Thank you! I would like to get over the brick wall I keep hitting when it coms to the Carrozza family. The only things I have been able to find are ships records for the greatgrandparents and a marriage certificate for my grandfather, Ignatius. MY father is deceased for many years and my Uncle was t...
by teacup
14 Jul 2006, 19:40

DiLeonardo from Contessa Entellina

Grandmother was from Contessa Entellina, I want to contact a church there to see if they have any information on the family but am not sure how to find that out. Does anyone know of this town and its churches?

Thank you,
Terri
by teacup
14 Jul 2006, 19:36

Carrozza/Cottone/Macaluso from Monreale

I am working on my Carrozza ancestors and have tracked Benedetto Carrozza, the great grandgather back to Monreale, Italy. Has anyone ever run across the Carrozza name in their research? He was coming to America to join his cousin, Anthony Macaluso. On another subject, Benedettos wife was Giovannina ...