Search found 16 matches

by Lagunasuz
23 Oct 2010, 02:24
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Monreale records on FamilySearch
Replies: 24
Views: 23545

Re: Monreale records on FamilySearch

I went to Monreale looking for information on my family who were from Monreale. Monreale is very small and has a very large beautiful church. I did not realize that you had to write ahead and ask for the information from the church so I did not get any information when I was there. You can check out...
by Lagunasuz
19 Jun 2009, 07:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: I am looking for family members living in Monreale, Sicily,
Replies: 43
Views: 29410

Re: I am looking for family members living in Monreale, Sici

I did manage to find my family, not all but some, and it has been really fun and very interesting. The search was very difficult but with the help of this site and others I managed to find them. I thank every one for their help and for helping anyone trying to find relatives.
by Lagunasuz
19 Jun 2009, 07:03

I am so surprised to hear from someone on this site since I posted my request so long ago. Thank you so much for replying and so much has happened since I started looking for my family but you are a major find! We have no connections to any Tumminellos. I am so disappointed, my sisters and I were ju...
by Lagunasuz
10 Nov 2007, 06:44
Topic: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900
Replies: 33
Views: 36604

Re: Pipitone and Rosato Families Palermo 1900

On the SS Montebello that arrived in 1897 in New Orleans there was a Aurelia Rosato from Bisacquino and three Pipitone's, Michele, Vincenzo and Salvatore, all from Monreale, which is in the province of Palermo.Could be part of the same family. Good luck.
by Lagunasuz
29 Dec 2006, 03:39
Topic: Porrovecchio & Romano from Monreale Italy ( Sicily)
Replies: 24
Views: 24520

Re: Porrovecchio & Romano from Monreale Italy ( Sicily)

My family is from Monreale, my father's side name is Piro and his wife's name is Tumminillo, they left out of Palermo in 1897 and arrived in New Orleans. They must have all known each other.
Suzanne
by Lagunasuz
11 Aug 2006, 09:39

I have my dad - Vincent Piro on the 1920 Census, Chicago, Illinois, father Bennett Piro - 26, Mother - Edna Piro - 26 - Vincent six months.
I have the 1910 Census Benaisto Piro 15 father Vicent mother Angela year of immigration 1894??? in that one he has 4 sisters which is correct.
Suzanne
by Lagunasuz
11 Aug 2006, 06:02

Plus, my father's name was Vincenzo Piro born July 1919 in New Orleans, name change 1921???
Suzanne
by Lagunasuz
11 Aug 2006, 05:33

No they are not the same family, my grandfather had three sisters!, he was the only son, his father Vincenzo stayed in New Orleans, he went to Chicago and then to Los Angeles under a different name in 1921. Thank you all for all your hard work, it has confused the heck out of me and all the men in m...
by Lagunasuz
10 Aug 2006, 10:06

1910 Census - Vicent Piro age in 1910 48 wife - Angela - home New Orleans Vicent Piro 48 , Angela Piro 47, Francisco Piro ??? 18, Benaisto Piro 15, Maria Piro 13, Lucy 10, Camella 7 but year of immigration 1894 other family - 1930 census home Los Angeles John Piro - 41 Frances - 39 Nicholas 10 Vince...
by Lagunasuz
10 Aug 2006, 09:21

I had nothing up until a few days ago.... the name change was around 1920 so no WWI draft registration that I could find, I know part of the family stayed in New Orleans, some went to Chicago, and Los Angeles. I plan on visiting Sicily for the first time in October, hopefully there are some family m...
by Lagunasuz
10 Aug 2006, 08:29

so sorry, Lucia is a daughter...... Benedetto, sometimes spelled Benaisto, I believe is my grandfather. Sorry to confuse you, I have confused myself, but so far the dates work.
Suzanne
by Lagunasuz
10 Aug 2006, 05:51

thank you for your help and I am glad that you hit the same road blocks that I hit but that Piro family could be family but they are not the same, the family I am looking for left on September 1903 on the Massilin out of Palermo : Vincenzo Piro - 42,Angelina Tumminella -40 spouse, Francesa - 13 daug...
by Lagunasuz
09 Aug 2006, 22:44

I am interested in connecting with relatives and tracing the Piro family. There was a name change in our family and my two sisters and I are trying to trace our fathers side of the family - the Piro side.
Thank You for all your help,
Suzanne
by Lagunasuz
09 Aug 2006, 22:38

Thank you for the information, I will write them and hopefully they will be able to read English. The members that came on the boat were Vincenzo, Angela, Francesca, Benedetto, Maria, Lucia, and Carmela - Father, Mother, 4 sisters and one brother.
Thank You,
Suzanne
by Lagunasuz
09 Aug 2006, 21:03

I am looking for family members living in Monreale, Sicily,

I am looking for family members that came from Monreale, Sicily with the surname Piro, first name Vincenzo, his wife's name was Angelina Tumminello, they left out of Palermo on the SS Massiha September 1903 and arrived New Orleans October 1903, they came with a friend Pietro Marino Decatur. Any help...