Search found 135 matches

by Esperanza
21 Jan 2007, 23:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Re: Searching for My Family
Replies: 56
Views: 45484

Re: Searching for My Family

On my granfather's natuarlization papers in Denver, Colorado USA it shows that he arrived in New York on 15 April 1900. There is another date of 15 April 1901. There is Vessel Unknown on those papers, filed in 1912. I have tried to find his arrival ship with no luck. His papers do say he is from To...
by Esperanza
21 Jan 2007, 07:01
Topic: I'm looking for Bonini
Replies: 8
Views: 7879

Re: I'm looking for Bonini

Just checking... all 3 travelled together?? That's what I've been told What was Pietro's mother's name? There's a Pietro Bonini who's birth year is about 1892... but from Barga... manifest is from 1913 though... mentions mother Assunta as next of kin. Barga isn't too far from Genova... Ana Pereri o...
by Esperanza
21 Jan 2007, 06:27

Re: Re: Searching for My Family

Hi suanj .. .I too am looking at the Porrecas from Torricella..... just noticed your reply...! Here's a young Porreca .. but he travels with a grandfather... http://stevemorse.org/ellis/fixellis.php?xxurl=http%3A%2F%2Fellisisland.org%2Fsearch%2FshipManifest.asp%3FpID%3D105073150156 First Name: Nicol...
by Esperanza
21 Jan 2007, 05:52

Re: Re: Searching for My Family

Here's an interesting photo site about Torriglia...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsepulveda/sets/807609/

Were there other siblings??
by Esperanza
19 Jan 2007, 07:28
Topic: AIELLO, ALLIO , ALLY , PANTALEO , AFFLITTO, GATTO?? FOR???
Replies: 4
Views: 9288

Re: AIELLO, ALLIO , ALLY , PANTALEO , AFFLITTO, GATTO?? FOR?

Hi... You left out Ajello.... from Serrata... :wink: (there are many from Sicily though.. ) Found a Pantaleone... not sure if he is connected to your Aiello's from Serrata... First Name: Pantaleone Last Name: Ajello Ethnicity: Italian, Italian South Last Place of Residence: Montauro, Italy Date of A...
by Esperanza
18 Jan 2007, 04:39
Topic: Filomenia dicanio
Replies: 13
Views: 9510

Re: Filomenia dicanio

Sent you a private message :wink:
by Esperanza
17 Jan 2007, 20:59
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: "goopalene"
Replies: 2
Views: 4748

Re: "goopalene"

If you do a google search... it does take you to Stern's Fan Network... but you may have to register in order to see what he's talking about... that's if the server isn't busy... Search Results Sunday Morning Regulars #16 - SternFanNetwork Our goal is to provide the fans of the Howard Stern show a p...
by Esperanza
17 Jan 2007, 06:29
Topic: Filomenia dicanio
Replies: 13
Views: 9510

Re: Filomenia dicanio

Here's another... joining father Giuseppe... Record tells me she may have been detained... But born in 1883... :? First Name: Flomena Last Name: Di Carrio (please see manifest....) Ethnicity: Italian Last Place of Residence: Muro L. (Muro Lucano) Date of Arrival: Feb 05, 1902 Age at Arrival: 19y Gen...
by Esperanza
17 Jan 2007, 05:54
Topic: death of a dog ?
Replies: 3
Views: 4084

Re: death of a dog ?

Hi Rocco,

Your Grandmother may have given you a good clue...

City of Muro Lucano: Basilicata Region - Italy

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/076/053/

And in dialect you could say Muro Lu Cano ??? (death of dog or close)

... Muro Lucano...
by Esperanza
17 Jan 2007, 03:32
Topic: I'm looking for Bonini
Replies: 8
Views: 7879

Re: I'm looking for Bonini

Just checking... all 3 travelled together?? Here's a Martino Bonini from Strambino... who's father is Giovanni... 1909 manifest First Name: Martino Last Name: Bonino Ethnicity: N. Italian, Italy Last Place of Residence: Strambino, Italy Date of Arrival: Jan 16, 1909 Age at Arrival: 23y Gender: M Mar...
by Esperanza
16 Jan 2007, 19:59
Topic: death of a dog ?
Replies: 3
Views: 4084

Re: death of a dog ?

Just to clarify... Did you want us to find a town name...?? which translates to death of a dog... ??? You mean something like... Cane_____, or Cano________, or Morte_____? Something like that? Italian town names, surnames can be very creative... you never know!! Our Italian researchers may be able t...
by Esperanza
16 Jan 2007, 12:43
Topic: Surname: Cossari
Replies: 16
Views: 14659

Re: Surname: Cossari

Quite frankly, I don't think the pieces are coming together.... and I don't think the 1913 manifest is correct. AGAIN... the 1913 manifest has him married to a Caterina... The 1908 manifest is the manifest I located that has him married to Rose... If you can answer the questions that I asked you on ...
by Esperanza
16 Jan 2007, 05:46

Sorry this is not his manifest. he lived in Stefonaconi, Calabria. He lived the town, with his wife Rose Barbuto. He then left for South America, except we don't know what ever happened then. My Nonna's Uncle went to South America to look for him after he stopped writing to our family in Stefonacon...
by Esperanza
16 Jan 2007, 00:34

Please see Possible Manifest? This manifest indicates that this Nicola (also born 1880) was married to a Rose... Barbuto. First Name: Nicola Last Name: Cosciari (?) Ethnicity: Italian, South Last Place of Residence: Stefanacone, Catanzaro Date of Arrival: Dec 06, 1908 Age at Arrival: 28y Gender: M ...
by Esperanza
15 Jan 2007, 14:26
Topic: looking for Briscione
Replies: 46
Views: 33044

Re: looking for Briscione

This could be Angelo's wife's manifest... Boston Passenger Lists, 1820-1943 about Guiseppina Boniello Name: Guiseppina Boniello Arrival Date: 23 Sep 1912 Age: 30 Years Estimated birth year: abt 1882 Gender: Female Ethnic Background: Italian (South) (Italian) Port of Departure: Naples, Italy Ship Nam...