I know these great-grandparents' stats, but want to go further back in time. Can anyone help?
Giacomo Enrico Galli (born Sept. 24, 1863) married Regina Romano (born July 19, 1863). I am guessing they married about 1885-1890. The first child's birthdate I know about came in 1891, but they had twins ...
Search found 5 matches
- 04 Feb 2008, 03:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Galli and Romano in Brescia, Naples and Palermo
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2769
- 03 Feb 2008, 22:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tarantino and Grupposo families in Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4308
Re: Tarantino and Grupposo families in Palermo, Sicily
Thank you! That is helpful. I thought Antonino was right but had no idea what Ciccio came from.
- 03 Feb 2008, 18:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tarantino and Grupposo families in Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4308
Tarantino and Grupposo families in Palermo, Sicily
I'm looking for more information on these relatives and don't know how to proceed. The only solid information I have is about the one son, who was my grandfather. I have living relatives in Palermo, but they don't have any idea how to get the information and seem unmotivated to help.
Maria Concetta ...
Maria Concetta ...
- 05 Jan 2007, 16:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian surname
- Replies: 23
- Views: 15763
Re: Italian surname
Just another crazy guess... maybe his orginal name didn't look italian, but he wrote it the way it sounded when he got here:
Wilforte?
A friend of a cousin in Italy had a son named Walter. They pronounced it 'Valtaire.'
-- Norine
Wilforte?
A friend of a cousin in Italy had a son named Walter. They pronounced it 'Valtaire.'
-- Norine
- 05 Jan 2007, 03:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian surname
- Replies: 23
- Views: 15763
Re: Italian surname
His wife's maiden name was Schell which was originally Augello or something like that. (Her family came from Sicily.) He originally settled in New York City but wound up in Texas which is where he died.
--- This might be beside the point, but may I suggest that the origin of the name Schell might ...
--- This might be beside the point, but may I suggest that the origin of the name Schell might ...