Search found 28 matches

by JIMMYSAL
30 Aug 2007, 04:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Research in Filettino, Frosinone
Replies: 6
Views: 7231

Research in Filettino, Frosinone

I am trying to locate information on the small town of Filettino, Frosinone. My Great-Grandfather was born there in 1889. I was hoping films were available from LDS, but nothing is showing up. Does anyone know if Filettino was part of another province or region at that time? Maybe even a frazione of...
by JIMMYSAL
05 Jun 2007, 21:57
Topic: Looking for info on surnames DeTommaso and Massaro
Views: 4991

Re: Looking for info on surnames DeTommaso and Massaro

vj,
Great Find!!! The surname is way off and I don't know how they mixed up Cosmasse for Gus, but that is definitely them. I appreciate your help! :D
by JIMMYSAL
05 Jun 2007, 03:49
Topic: Looking for info on surnames DeTommaso and Massaro
Views: 4991

Looking for info on surnames DeTommaso and Massaro

I am trying to locate info on my maternal G-G-Grandparents. Their names are Giovanni De Tommaso/Di Tommaso and his wife Carmela Matticola. They immigrated from Italy between 1885 to 1890. They had four children that I know of John, Gus, Annie, and Lucy. Lucy Died in 1918. They resided in Philadelphi...
by JIMMYSAL
05 Mar 2007, 22:57
Topic: Naturalization Brick Wall!
Replies: 13
Views: 9117

Re: Naturalization Brick Wall!

Hello Ricky1016 They told me that they could'nt find my GGrandfathers papers, so I went to NARA and did my own research. I found his naturalization papers, after very little research. So don't get discouraged. Was he naturalized in Philadelphia, because I am going to the NARA archives some time this...
by JIMMYSAL
03 Mar 2007, 19:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help translating my GGrandparents birth acts
Replies: 5
Views: 6089

Re: Need help translating my GGrandparents birth acts

:D Thank you guys for translating them. :D Of course the birth dates are different on all my US documents. What does the last part say under residenti in questo comune?
Thank You
JIMMYSAL
by JIMMYSAL
03 Mar 2007, 07:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need help translating my GGrandparents birth acts
Replies: 5
Views: 6089

Need help translating my GGrandparents birth acts

I just recieved my GGrandparents birth acts from Italy. I would really appreciate it if someone could help translate them. :D Some of the writing is a little hard to make out. The first one is my GGrandfather Gelsomino Solimeo and the second is my GGrandmother Maria DeVito. Thank You!!! click here c...
by JIMMYSAL
22 Feb 2007, 20:54
Topic: Need help locating a ship manifest
Replies: 21
Views: 16301

Re: Need help locating a ship manifest

Thank you guys for all of your input. :D It looks like these three manifests are indeed correct. It appears that they were all naturalized according to the 1930 census. Maybe I'll take a trip to the NARA archives and look up their naturalization papers to confirm birth places. I'll keep you guys pos...
by JIMMYSAL
22 Feb 2007, 06:51

Do you think they made a mistake on Francesca's surname? Could that be her maiden name? She claims to be joining her husband Giuseppe, which means they married in Italy before they came. It does'nt make sense why her surname is'nt Croce.
by JIMMYSAL
22 Feb 2007, 06:22

Hey Nuccia,
That looks like it. It does'nt get any closer then that.
Thank you :D
by JIMMYSAL
22 Feb 2007, 05:30

Need help locating a ship manifest

I am trying to locate a ship manifest for my maternal Great Grandfather and maternal Great Great Grandparents. I have been unsuccessful so far. I would appreciate if anyone could help me. I know very little about them, but I will tell what I know. My GG Grandparents names are Giuseppe and Francesca ...
by JIMMYSAL
25 Jan 2007, 02:06
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: FROM ITALY TO THE COAL FIELDS
Replies: 26
Views: 47175

Re: FROM ITALY TO THE COAL FIELDS

Great post Biff83 :) I found that very interesting. What region of Italy is the comune of Catanzaro located? What are some of your book recommendations on coal mining? Do you know of any good books about Italian Genealogy?
JIMMYSAL
by JIMMYSAL
24 Jan 2007, 21:55
Topic: Need help finding census records for my Great Grandparents.
Replies: 59
Views: 36866

Re: Need help finding census records for my Great Grandparen

Hey Biff83, this is so exciting to learn where and when my ancestors lived and worked. I will definitely take a look at that site and rent Matewan to find out more about working in a coal mine. It must have been tough work our relatives did!
by JIMMYSAL
24 Jan 2007, 19:45

Biff83, I'm not sure if Francesco or Barbara ever immigrated and it does have Maria's grandparents. They are Giovanni Oliverio and Antonia Spadafora parents to Francesco Oliverio and Antonio Allevato and Antonia Madia parents to Barbara Allevato. I not 100% sure the names are correct and it has no b...
by JIMMYSAL
24 Jan 2007, 19:36

Hey Wldspirit, those two birth records you found for Giovanni Yaquinto and Antonio Yaquinto from W. Virginia are my two Great uncles John and Anthony. I just got of the phone with my great uncle Sal, he is the only child still alive from Salvatore and Maria Iaquinto and he confirmed the birth dates....