Search found 14 matches

by twirleygrl
18 Dec 2008, 00:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Trying to find Leo/Ciancio relatives of my ggrprnts-san fili
Replies: 51
Views: 44820

Re: Trying to find Leo/Ciancio relatives of my ggrprnts-san

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me last year. I ordered San Fili and Rende films from FHS and found the birth and marriage for Concetta Ciancio and Guiseppe Lio and also Concetta's mother (and her grand mother's death cert.) So I have gotten back a few generations and also took photos of ...
by twirleygrl
27 Feb 2008, 17:44

I tried the site you recommended and was lost! I can't read or even speak spanish or Italian...some words i knew but not enough...he he. I will try the LDS way first, perhaps in the summer I can get away. My parents live about 10 minutes from a LDS place so perhaps I can go there when, I visit, and ...
by twirleygrl
26 Feb 2008, 20:46

Cathy, Biff, VJ... In my never ending search for my Leo/Ciancio relatives I wanted to just say I was reading thru the posts from last year and wanted to say we are all pretty much on...VJ had found a Guiseppe/Joseph immigrated to visit a sister Maria, although the town seemed wrong, and I found out ...
by twirleygrl
08 Mar 2007, 15:31

I will keep that microfilm number for when I can get to a local family history center (I just moved here and need to find one). I don't get out much due to the frigid weather and two young ones, but I will try one day soon. I looked at the website you linked in the last post and it was in italian......
by twirleygrl
01 Mar 2007, 02:48

I am looking too, although I am not coming up with anything, perhaps it is my inexperience, and I have even enlisted my sister's help. Thanks for the leads and I will definitely call that number...it can't hurt.
by twirleygrl
27 Feb 2007, 14:31

They are probably all my relatives ha ha!

I have been looking for his ship manifest too. Looks like he came over in 1907 but nobody matches exactly...of course the wrong info could have been taken, don't think they had passports back then...lol.
by twirleygrl
26 Feb 2007, 20:12

I am trying to figure this one out. Joseph/Guiseppe Leo the father of my grandmother Jenny Leo would be in his mid 30's during the 1920 census. This "Adopted Son" is the same age as Joseph/Guiseppe's eldest son Ralph. I called my mom and she said that she doesn't remember my father having ...
by twirleygrl
26 Feb 2007, 18:01

my goodness, that is a good idea. Can I access the census by street on ancestry?
by twirleygrl
26 Feb 2007, 17:11

I searched individually for Joseph/Guiseppe Leo, Concetta/Mary Leo, and Raffaele/Ralph in the 1920 census's in all states and didn't find them...what am I doing wrong? Is it just me?
by twirleygrl
26 Feb 2007, 16:13

Thankyou all for your help. We just got a winter storm here as well (CT). But thank goodness it wasn't mixed with ice...will make shoveling my long driveway much easier than last weeks storm. I also saw a bunch of Guiseppe DeLeo's on Ellis Island and wondered if an could be my great grandpa. He must...
by twirleygrl
25 Feb 2007, 19:29

Cathynap, I would really appreciate if you would take a look if you have the resourses. I don't want to rule anything out. I just heard that she had been a orphan raised by nuns, but she may have been old enough to have known her real name, or not. Her name was Concetta Ciancio according to the Elli...
by twirleygrl
24 Feb 2007, 16:27

That is his ss death index. I had called the state archives for his death cert and they said I need to pay a $25 fee (a bit excessive), fill out the app (no prob I have it), supply his parents names, a copy of my birth cert, marriage cert, Driver's license, Utility Bill, my father's birth cert, and ...
by twirleygrl
24 Feb 2007, 14:17

niccia and biff...wow. Over the past year that I have been researching, I have met so many kind and generous people. The genealogy community is definitely a community of friends. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your responding. I had the ship manifest but had no idea that there was another p...
by twirleygrl
23 Feb 2007, 21:54

Trying to find Leo/Ciancio relatives of my ggrprnts-san fili

I have found the December 1910 Ellis Island ship manifest for the Duca Delgli Abruzzio where my ggrandmother, Concetta Ciancio, 26, b. 1885 is on it with her first child Raffaele Leo 3 years old. They went to New Rochelle NY. In NJ they raised 5 children including Ralph, Angelina, Lena, Ralph, Jenny...