Search found 4 matches

by elutz
22 Jul 2007, 17:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Porto and Rich Families
Replies: 7
Views: 8380

Re: Porto and Rich Families

There must have been another Louie Porto living in the Catskill area then, too bad I thought I had stumbled onto something, thanks for the information.
by elutz
22 Jul 2007, 14:40

I believe I read in another post that Thomas's fathers name was Frank? Which would very possibly mean that my grandfather and Thomas father were cousins and not brothers as I first believed as my grandfathers name was also Frank(Frances). From stories my father and Louie were close and although they...
by elutz
22 Jul 2007, 01:04

So that would make you my cousin! This is my first attemp at searching and boy did I get lucky. What was your grandfathers name, and also do you know if other than my grandfather where there other siblings, and where they came from in Italy? I am just starting this process any and all information yo...
by elutz
21 Jul 2007, 22:03

My maiden name is Porto my father George had cousins in the Catskill area, the only name I remember him mentioning is "Louie Porto" any relation. My grandfather was Frank grandmother Aqualena, came from Cosenza Italy around 1918, settled in the Bronx