by mhamilton
14 Sep 2007, 19:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Research - Need Advice
Replies: 62
Views: 41970

Re: Research - Need Advice

Thanks for trying Nuccia!

I burned the records to a flash drive, so what I'll do now is enlarge sections of the documents and post those independently on Flickr and then post the links. I'm still hopeful someone can make out the bad handwriting better than I can. :)

I'll paste in the links soon.
by mhamilton
13 Sep 2007, 18:29
Topic: Falletti Family
Replies: 56
Views: 61187

Re: Falletti Family

What a wonderful story! I'm so happy for you.
by mhamilton
13 Sep 2007, 03:01

Okay they're on the way via email. The files are quite large, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I tried sending as one email and then realized that it was large, so I've instead sent as three smaller ones. I've been puzzling over the script most of the day. I think Grazia's father's name is Anto...
by mhamilton
12 Sep 2007, 23:21

Sure! what email address should I use? On the flickr, you can click Large Image, and then say "Download large image" and instead of saving you can hit "open" then you can zoom in as much as you need. :) But I'm happy to send them. I am very excited to have found what I believe ar...
by mhamilton
12 Sep 2007, 07:41

Hello again, I haven't gotten any word back from Italy, but I did order films from the local LDS group near me and just today went in to crawl through looking for the marriage info for Calogero and Mary Grace. I believe I found them, but I'm having some trouble reading some of the handwriting and wo...
by mhamilton
17 Aug 2007, 18:26
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Easy access to Ravenna?
Replies: 1
Views: 2628

Easy access to Ravenna?

Hi, I'm planning a trip to Italy in October, and one of the places I've wanted to visit for a very long time is Ravenna. I won't be making it to see much else in the north, so I was considering taking a flight from Rome to either Rimini or to Bologna. I thought I would stay a few days in a hotel in ...
by mhamilton
14 Aug 2007, 11:35

Ugh! Stayed up way too late now doing this ... it's a bit addictive. Three questions if anyone has a chance ... I tried to find info myself but no luck. 1) I looked at the Italian -> English name translation sites, but the only translation I'm getting for Ignazio is Ignatius. Is there another reason...
by mhamilton
14 Aug 2007, 09:28

Done! And sent ... the email didn't bounce back so perhaps the address is good. I will now cross my fingers hopefully for a quick response. :) Thanks so much for the help! I'm back to trying to find Paola/ina. And I need to start tackling the other side too. Whew. Suanj, I can't thank you enough for...
by mhamilton
14 Aug 2007, 08:07

Wonderful, thank you Suanj! I've never written a letter like this before so any suggestions on better phrases and explanations would be tremendously appreciated. I don't know what they really need to know in order to answer the question. And of course, I don't know any Italian, unfortunately. So ......
by mhamilton
13 Aug 2007, 23:00

I spent a lot of time trying to find arrivals into NY for a Paolina with limited success. Since I don't know who she travelled with or a surname I'm a bit stumped. I think she must have married Roy when she was about 16 years old, because the 1910 census said they were married for 14 years, and she ...
by mhamilton
13 Aug 2007, 00:43

Thanks VJ and MisBris!
by mhamilton
12 Aug 2007, 23:31

What would Pauline's name be in Italian?

I'll try the LDS stuff first to find Roy.

Thanks!
by mhamilton
12 Aug 2007, 05:19
Topic: Any idea what "Mog" means?
Replies: 4
Views: 5172

Re: Any idea what "Mog" means?

Thanks Nuccia!
by mhamilton
12 Aug 2007, 05:15

Talked to my mother today ... Robert is Roy it seems. And ... interestingly (to me anyway), The brothers Charles and Roy married sisters ... which would mean that Pauline and Mary Grace would have the same surname if we could figure out what it was. So since I haven't had much luck finding Mary Grac...
by mhamilton
11 Aug 2007, 10:30

Hrm, I don't know. In the 1900 and 1910 census they had columns for children, where they said number born, and the number currently living. In 1900 they said they had 8 children/7 living. In 1910 they said they had 12 children/11 living. In the 1900 census the 7 living children were: Francis, Frank,...