Search found 4 matches
- 30 Jul 2008, 01:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
- Replies: 21
- Views: 23858
Re: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
Thank you Lucap, Suanj, Elba and Sirena. I honestly cannot adequately express my gratitude. My grandparents didn't teach my father Italian, English was always spoken and he recently told me that he regretted not having learned it. I have a feeling that occured more often than not. It's too bad that ...
- 29 Jul 2008, 03:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
- Replies: 21
- Views: 23858
Re: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
I have posted the deciphered and translated letter at my site. I know it must have taken you all such a long time just to try and make out the words. Tomaso died at the age of 39 of a massive cerebral hemorrhage and my grandmother never remarried. I still can't get over what you've done.
- 29 Jul 2008, 01:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
- Replies: 21
- Views: 23858
Re: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
I am absolutely floored!! I never thought it possible and thank-you seems inadequate. My grandmothers name was Addolorata and it was often shortened to Della and Tomaso was a chauffeur!! Reading the translations is almost like hearing his voice for the first time ever. I hope you won't mind if I use ...
- 28 Jul 2008, 00:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help to translate grandfathers letters
- Replies: 21
- Views: 23858
Need help to translate grandfathers letters
This may prove impossible to do but if anyone can accomplish it I think someone here can. I have two badly water damaged letters written by my grandfather to my grandmother shortly before they got married in 1921. I've posted both letters (and a postcard) on my website. Here is the link, if someone ...