Search found 9 matches

by mariothegreat
16 Nov 2008, 08:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: microfilm's copy
Replies: 11
Views: 9125

Re: microfilm's copy

Thanks Nuccia and Tamberino!
I know that they are very kind and helpful, but what I was asking is if there is any chance to get a full copy of them to research better the data... I think only the "comuni" could give a full copy of them but at the moment because I'm living in England I could not be ...
by mariothegreat
15 Nov 2008, 16:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: microfilm's copy
Replies: 11
Views: 9125

Re: microfilm's copy

Grazie Italy searcher!
Dubito che possano esserci problemi di diritti d'autore, infatti i documenti sono ben oltre i settanta anni dalla morte dell'autore, e per giunta disponibili presso i comuni, il mio problema e' di averne copia digitale per poter studiarli con calma (cosa non possibile nelle ...
by mariothegreat
15 Nov 2008, 14:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: microfilm's copy
Replies: 11
Views: 9125

Re: microfilm's copy

Hi Lisandro,
I can't take the microfilm out of the centre...
by mariothegreat
15 Nov 2008, 14:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: microfilm's copy
Replies: 11
Views: 9125

Re: microfilm's copy

Hi anjgi, the problem I have to print a microfilm! and when I can access it I need hours and hours, checking my references came back rechecking etc...
by mariothegreat
15 Nov 2008, 13:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: microfilm's copy
Replies: 11
Views: 9125

Re: microfilm's copy

Hi Lisandro, thanks for your answer!
I can borrow them without any problem but I have to use them in their place where there are not scanner to make copies and, btw, it would be too long job scanning all those microfilms...
by mariothegreat
15 Nov 2008, 08:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: microfilm's copy
Replies: 11
Views: 9125

microfilm's copy

Hi guys, I am writing a book on some Italian families , I'm using the "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" microfilms and I found nearly one thousand people in there, now here the problem: to search more deeply and eventually show the certificates I must have a copy of the microfilms ...
by mariothegreat
10 Dec 2007, 20:58
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: ", di anni quarantotto"
Replies: 3
Views: 6188

Re: ", di anni quarantotto"

On my GGrandfather Vincenzo Pennellas' birth record from Grumento Nova on 25 Nov, 1888, it lists his father as "Pennella Michele, di anni quarantotto, contradino". Does this mean he was 48 years old at the time of Vincenzos' birth? That will help me order the correct year of film for Micheles ...
by mariothegreat
10 Dec 2007, 13:58
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation of short letter to Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 6262

Re: Translation of short letter to Italy

Gentile signore,

vorrei ringraziarLa per la sua graziosa aiuta nel ottenere sia l'atto di nasciata` che l' atto di matrimonio del mio nonno e per averli dato al mio amico il 17 settembre 2007.

Per quanto riguarda mia nonna, puo darsi che sia stato un errore nell'anno della sua nascita` percio` la ...
by mariothegreat
10 Dec 2007, 13:51
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: What is "wife" in Italian?
Replies: 9
Views: 23787

Re: What is "wife" in Italian?

I looked up "wife" in an online eng->italian dictionary and it gave me the word "moglie". This doesn't look right to me - my mom's family spoke Italian (Sicilian) and I've picked up some, but I've never heard an Italian word end in "ie".

Thank you,
Deidre

Hi, if you are checking old microfilms a ...