Search found 4 matches

by Panache
07 Apr 2008, 03:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sciscente and Macchia
Replies: 26
Views: 27390

Re: Sciscente and Macchia

Essgee~ You wrote that Nunzio's last name in your records ended with an "e", but his passport and ship records recorded it with an "i" (he also signed his passport with an "i".) Do you have any thoughts on why that is so? (just an FYI: his 1930 census record lists his l...
by Panache
06 Apr 2008, 20:57

Thank you so very much Essgee! This is just fascinating! I guess now I need to learn how to read Italian so I'll know what the whole records say.

Thank you again for all your time! You really are a godsend!
by Panache
25 Mar 2008, 20:19

Thank you very much. Yes, we've come across the WWI and passport records for Nunzio. We've also found some of his immigration records (ship passages,) as well as (what I believe is) his son Tito's ship passage record - although his name is stated as Guiseppe (but the rest of the information matches ...
by Panache
25 Mar 2008, 04:24

My family is related to the Sciscente's. I have a great deal of information on them. There was group that settled in Fall River, Massachusetts and they intermarried into my grandmother's family. Can't get back to the library until next week...no longer opened on the weekends, and hours limited thro...