Search found 9 matches

by mcamp60
03 May 2008, 15:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Struggling with Italian Source Citation
Replies: 0
Views: 2623

Struggling with Italian Source Citation

Hi, This is a pretty specialized request but I would appreciate any input. I was hoping some one could assist me with the correct format to cite an Italian civil birth record. I found it for one of my ancestors on microfilm from the FHL library. I also have a photo and digital copy. BTW - I don’t ...
by mcamp60
26 Apr 2008, 01:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help Translating a Certificate
Replies: 4
Views: 6989

Re: Help Translating a Certificate

Are you saying this is a "background" check typ document used by the Italian authorities for purposes of emigration? Maybe this was required to gain access to the US? assuming it didnt reveal anything bad :) The criminal listing section (I guess that was its called) of the document is blan...
by mcamp60
25 Apr 2008, 22:12
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help Translating a Certificate
Views: 6989

Help Translating a Certificate

Hi,

I have aquired a family document with the following title:

"Richiesta di certificato penale a scopo di emigrazione"

Can some help me translate this title and possibly tell me it's purpose. Its from 1920.

Thanks,

Mark
by mcamp60
16 Apr 2008, 22:50
Topic: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess
Views: 3564

Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,

Thanks Scarlett227.

I have been through much of the LDS records but as it turns out those records arent avialable.

I am going to try writing again but I will also contact a professional.

Thanks again,

Mark
by mcamp60
15 Apr 2008, 23:34
Topic: What did I do wrong?
Replies: 11
Views: 9401

Re: What did I do wrong?

Essgee, Thanks for the response but I don’t think I represented my questions correctly in my original posting. I was too nebulous and that's why I didn’t get the response I wanted. So hopefully this query is a lot clearer: 1. Can someone share a proven template and process for requesting records...
by mcamp60
14 Apr 2008, 19:57

Re: What did I do wrong?

Thank you all for your input and advice. I think the suggestion for posting my letter on this forum for feedback is a great idea.

Thanks again
by mcamp60
14 Apr 2008, 13:09

What did I do wrong?

Hi, I posted the below message a few days ago and I didn’t get the responses the way I expected. I only got one response and unfortunately it really didn’t answer my questions. Now I was sure a lot of people (including me) would have benefited from the answers to these questions since they relat...
by mcamp60
12 Apr 2008, 09:45

Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,

I’m embarrassed to say…2 years. I think I gave up. :oops: Maybe I'm using the wrong template for the message? Can you recommend a proven template? I have some friends that speak fluent Italian, do think I could call and request the info? Last, how about a professional, can you recommend someone?...
by mcamp60
11 Apr 2008, 23:20

Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess

Hi, I have unsuccessfully been trying to obtain copies of my great grandfather’s birth (1851) and marriage (around 1880) records from the village Tusa in Sicily. I wrote a letter in Italian in what I thought was the correct format. I sent it here: Ufficio dello Stato Civile Comune di Tusa 98079 TU...