My great-great grandfather was Pietro Mendicino. His date of birth is March, 1869, and I know that he was adopted. His arrival date to Pittsburgh, PA was June 15 1892. His ship manifest does not indicate what town he was from.
His wife's (Rose Aiello) ship manfest indicates that she was from ...
Search found 9 matches
- 24 Feb 2009, 17:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Adoption Records
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3210
- 07 Jan 2009, 20:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: Sesto
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8089
Re: Surname: Sesto
I do not know if Antonio Sesto was naturalized. There is nothing on Footnote.com. I did try to pull his death record, but there was none. I know he died in 1926 or 1927, and story has it that he was hit by a street car, so I am going to comb the old papers to try and find an obituary.
I know he ...
I know he ...
- 02 Sep 2008, 19:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Names?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3616
Names?
I have been in contact with the state archives in Salerno. They found the following information for me:
Gentile Signore,
nelle Liste di leva conservate presso questo Archivio di Stato è stato rinvenuto il nominativo di Carmine D'Angelo, figlio di Michelangelo e di Rubano Filomena, nato a Piaggine ...
Gentile Signore,
nelle Liste di leva conservate presso questo Archivio di Stato è stato rinvenuto il nominativo di Carmine D'Angelo, figlio di Michelangelo e di Rubano Filomena, nato a Piaggine ...
- 19 Aug 2008, 15:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: Palaoro
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3749
Surname: Palaoro
My husband's great-great-grandfather was Ezachiele Palaoro. We were told that he was Italian, but I found out on Ancestry that he was born in Levico, Austria.
His date of birth is January 6, 1882. His wife's name is Rose. I am trying to find out any information I can about his parents, siblings and ...
His date of birth is January 6, 1882. His wife's name is Rose. I am trying to find out any information I can about his parents, siblings and ...
- 21 Jul 2008, 14:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7243
Re: Birth Records
Yes, I'm sure it's the correct town. It's a very small town in Salerno. I have also seen it spelled Piagene. But I believe the correct spelling is Piaggine.
I have aloready looked for cicil records the the Church of Laterday Saints, and they have nothing on the town. In fact, the only information ...
I have aloready looked for cicil records the the Church of Laterday Saints, and they have nothing on the town. In fact, the only information ...
- 18 Jul 2008, 17:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7243
Birth Records
Can anyone tell me how to aquire birth records from Piaggine? I would be fine with just the information on the reords... I don't really NEED the records themselves.
I am researching my family from Piaggine. I have them back to immigration, and now I need to find information from Italy.
I am researching my family from Piaggine. I have them back to immigration, and now I need to find information from Italy.
- 18 Jul 2008, 16:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6985
Re: Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino
Thank you!
- 15 May 2008, 17:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: Sesto
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8089
Surname: Sesto
I am looking for information on ym great-great-grandparents.
My great-great-grandfather's name was Antonio Sesto. He married a woman (I think her name may have been Catherine), in Italy, and they had 4 children. I know the son was Albert, and I think one of the daughters may have been Lena and ...
My great-great-grandfather's name was Antonio Sesto. He married a woman (I think her name may have been Catherine), in Italy, and they had 4 children. I know the son was Albert, and I think one of the daughters may have been Lena and ...
- 15 May 2008, 16:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6985
Surnames: D'Angelo, Cimilio, Thommasino
Looking for information on D'Angelo from Piaggina.
My grea-great-grandfather Carmine came to America in 1910. His wife (Thomassino) and his 2 children, Angelo (married Cimilio) and Filomina, came over in 1920.
I know there are 2 D'Angelo's still living in Piaggina, but I don't know if there is a ...
My grea-great-grandfather Carmine came to America in 1910. His wife (Thomassino) and his 2 children, Angelo (married Cimilio) and Filomina, came over in 1920.
I know there are 2 D'Angelo's still living in Piaggina, but I don't know if there is a ...