Search found 5 matches

by aredhatlady54
21 May 2008, 04:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for Pappalardo relatives
Replies: 12
Views: 11015

Re: Searching for Pappalardo relatives

Valarie, Thank you!!!! This is great information and it does seem to apply. There was a brother Charles. I have a narrative written by a cousin of my mother's that mentions him. I think there's an Alfred, too. He's in the story. I've now attached that story to Carmelo and Maria. There's no mention o...
by aredhatlady54
20 May 2008, 15:36

Valarie, No, I did not find the 1930 census for the family. My grandmother was already married with 1 child in 1930, but I did not find her under her married name either. She married my grandfather Albert Yarious (changed from Iorio or Di Iorio) in 1928. I haven't found much about that family either...
by aredhatlady54
20 May 2008, 04:03

Wow Valarie, That's great info! The names of the younger children and the approx birth years match Grandma's sibs. I attached that record to my family tree in ancestry.com. I added the brothers, too. I'll wait to see if I can sort out the parents of the nieces and nephews before I add them. The ship...
by aredhatlady54
19 May 2008, 23:09

Thanks VJ,
I did read some other posts that mentioned that type of research and I will have to try that. I was just wondering if anyone had leads I could follow before I get there.
by aredhatlady54
19 May 2008, 22:50

Searching for Pappalardo relatives

Hi everyone, This is my first post. I was excited to find a specialty site like this one. One of my Pappalardo relatives did research that started with Carmelo Pappalardo b. 28 Oct 1894 likely in Sicily, perhaps in Trecastagni, d. 1958 in Chicago. His wife was Maria Torries b. 16 Apr 1898 likely in ...