Search found 40 matches

by TomG
17 May 2011, 22:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area
Replies: 4
Views: 484

Re: Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area

No, we don't have a marriage record. I've looked at the LDS records for the church, but I couldn't find it.
by TomG
17 May 2011, 15:13
Topic: Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area
Views: 484

Aresi family from Borgotaro or nearby area

My great grandmother was Magdalena Aresi. I'm not certain where she was born, but she married Giuseppe Giliotti in Belforte, E.R. in 1873. She lived in Belforte for the rest of her life so I assume she was from somewhere in that area. I can't find any information about her or the Aresi family.
by TomG
05 Mar 2011, 21:16
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: death of Luigi Coffrini 1890's borgotaro
Replies: 11
Views: 4373

Re: death of Luigi Coffrini 1890's borgotaro

You could use http://wordmonkey.info/ It's not a perfect translation site, but it's quick and free. I use it often.
by TomG
21 Feb 2011, 23:24

http://www.valtaro.it/guestbook/ This may be the website you're looking for. You might want to post a question about your family on the guestbook. Maybe you'll find some information to help you. Once you find someone who knows your family you'll be on your way. We found my husband's grandmother's fa...
by TomG
17 Feb 2011, 21:10

I found very little on ancestry.com. There was one record for Ellis Is. but it was a later date than you indicated.

It shows a Giuseppe Di Antonio Coffrini who arrived on 1 Mar 1909. HIs birthdate was abt 1891.
by TomG
17 Feb 2011, 21:00

Have you tried going through the Mormon church site? It's familysearch.org. My husband's family is from Borgotaro, and the main church is San Antonio so you might contact them for information. Your names are not familiar to me, and I've been researching the area for 10 years now. Are you sure it's B...
by TomG
08 Dec 2010, 14:30
Topic: Visiting Italian towns - reception?
Replies: 18
Views: 4032

Re: Visiting Italian towns - reception?

The internet is a great tool for searching out "lost" relatives. I found my husband's maternal grandmother's family through this site. Google your name and post on every Italian genealogy site you can find. You can also find the Italian white pages on Google where you can search the town's phone num...
by TomG
05 Dec 2010, 16:50
Topic: Bontempi family from N. Italy
Replies: 18
Views: 13740

Re: Bontempi family from N. Italy

Look at my posting on your Giliotti posting. Do you think you have any Bontempi's in your family? If so, we're definitely related!
by TomG
05 Dec 2010, 16:48
Topic: Giliotti
Replies: 16
Views: 2953

Re: Giliotti

We are Gilliotti's, and there are lots of records available. We are from a small northern Italian town in Emilia Romagna called Belforte which is just outside of Borgotaro. I've done extensive research, and I don't recognize your grandmother's first name. If you could find her parents' names or any ...
by TomG
20 Oct 2010, 16:36
Topic: Older relatives just not interested
Replies: 43
Views: 10756

Re: Older relatives just not interested

I've run into a similar situation with my sister-in-law. My husband's father and grandfather(and my husband!) were great story tellers, and they used to tell her all kinds of stories about the family--many untrue. At first when I found documentation that contradicted her stories, she was very unhapp...
by TomG
07 Sep 2010, 13:37
Topic: Belleno/Pellegrinelli
Replies: 5
Views: 2784

Re: Belleno/Pellegrinelli

My husband's great grandmother was Marianna Pellegrinelli, and we've got extensive Pellegrinelli records on ancestry.com. His cousin Kathy Bull has even more info than we do. If you're willing to post your email I can send you an invitation to view the tree. The town you're looking for is probably B...
by TomG
10 Jun 2010, 20:02
Topic: Looking for DeGregorio, Conturelli & Zucconi in Massachu
Replies: 12
Views: 5518

Re: Looking for DeGregorio, Conturelli & Zucconi in Mass

From where in Italy did your Zucconi relatives come? We have Zucconi family from Borgotaro/Belforte in Emilia Romagna.
by TomG
13 May 2010, 18:38
Topic: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?
Replies: 9
Views: 2899

Re: Searching for 1930s Ohio Obituary?

http://www.cpl.org/necrology
This is the website for the Cleveland Public Library's necrology files. You can put in the last name as a Keyword, and you'll find lots of death notices with the Zitiello name.
by TomG
07 Apr 2010, 02:52
Topic: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records
Replies: 12
Views: 4138

Re: Cuyahoga County, Ohio death records

Try cpl.org. That's the website for the Cleveland Public Library, There's a link for Necrology files which has death notices that may be of some help. I've found lots of family members, and the death notices give names of family members. If your ancestors were Catholic you could google Cleveland Cat...
by TomG
03 Jan 2010, 16:10
Topic: locating family gravestones
Views: 2711

Re: locating family gravestones

That was probably the biggest disappointment of our trip to Italy. We were hoping to find my husband's great grandparents' graves and to find birth/death dates etc. All of the tombstones were fairly recent, although the crypts did have older burials.