Search found 87 matches

by Felitti-Trimarco
23 Jul 2009, 18:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Missing Trimarco / Barbieri Relatives
Replies: 8
Views: 6041

Re: Missing Trimarco / Barbieri Relatives

Hello! Great success! I ordered the marriage certificate for Guiseppe Venturini and Maddalena Trimarco and it was a match. This woman was previously married to my great great great grandfather Domenico Trimarco of 247 Grand St., New York NY. He died in 1906. It appears that his widowed wife married ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
21 Jul 2009, 20:02
Topic: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue
Replies: 23
Views: 62254

Re: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue

Great hearing from you! Do you have any old photos of the neighborhood from back when your relatives were living there? My family owned the Farmacia del Vesuvio at 2222 1st Avenue from about 1900 - 1940/50. That was at the corner of E 114th and 1st. Thanks for posting!
by Felitti-Trimarco
20 Jul 2009, 19:35
Topic: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue
Replies: 23
Views: 62254

Re: East Harlem - 114th St. & 1st Avenue

Hello again! Just curious to revive this old thread and hoping to hear from those who had Italian relatives from East Harlem, NY between 1880 - 1950. My great great grandmother Nicoletta Felitti lived on East 114th St. near 1st Avenue (She died in 1950, and had lived in the neighborhood for over 60 ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
18 Jul 2009, 02:17
Topic: Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo
Replies: 3
Views: 3610

Re: Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo

Hello! Thank you for the reply. Yes, I saw this certificate and ordered it. I received it last week and very interestingly the certificate arrived but the grooms name wasn't Sabino or anything even close. The brides name was however correct. This was very confusing and I'm still hoping to find Sabat...
by Felitti-Trimarco
18 Jul 2009, 01:46
Topic: Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo
Replies: 3
Views: 3610

Marriage Certificate - Sabato DiLorenzo

Hello everyone! I'm having trouble locating a marriage certificate for a possible relative of mine named Sabato DiLorenzo. Sabato was from Salerno originally, but I believe that he was first married in the United States, New York City (Manhattan probably). I have a good deal of information on him an...
by Felitti-Trimarco
16 Jul 2009, 01:40

Re: Missing Trimarco / Barbieri Relatives

Hello again! Thank you for the replies. Thanks for the information suanj!! I never would have found that marriage certificate because of the incorrect spelling of the last name. I went on to the New York department of records site and ordered it so I should have my answer in a few weeks. I also orde...
by Felitti-Trimarco
15 Jul 2009, 18:53

Missing Trimarco / Barbieri Relatives

Hello! My great great great grandfather Domenico Trimarco (originally from Castelluccio, Cosentino - Salerno) married his third wife Margherita Barbieri in 1898 in Manhattan, New York City, USA. Domenico died in 1906 and I could never find out what happened to her after his death. She was considerab...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Jun 2009, 17:27
Topic: DiLorenzo = DiLaurentiis?
Replies: 5
Views: 4971

Re: DiLorenzo = DiLaurentiis?

One more thing.... which one is Latin and which one is Italian? I'm assuming that DeLaurentiis is the Latin spelling, but I just wanted to double check.

THANKS!!!!

-FT
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Jun 2009, 17:26

Thanks for the information Aliza! It appears that in my family tree, some descendents of the DiLorenzo line adopted the last name DeLaurentiis and some adopted the last name DiLorenzo. Is there a particular reason for this or was it just done at random or by mistake? This is fascinating information!...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Jun 2009, 13:53

Hello Lucap! Thank you so much for the reply. I had to use an online translation webpage to read your message (I don't read Italian, but hope to learn one day!). The online translation program wasn't great and I was hoping that someone out there could perhaps help me translate. I would be most grate...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Jun 2009, 01:54

DiLorenzo = DiLaurentiis?

Hello! I have a question an issue I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on. I have a relative who was born in Castelluccio, Cosentino but lived in Vietri di Potenza. Her name was Maria DiLorenzo and she was the mother to my great great grandfather Pasquale Antonio Felitti (b. 1869 Vietri di Po...
by Felitti-Trimarco
10 Jun 2009, 01:46
Topic: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name
Replies: 11
Views: 8086

Re: Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name

Hi Maurizio! I can't thank you enough for this explanation! This answers so many questions I have. I really believe that DNA testing will solve this problem. It's going to be a long road, but I will definately figure this out. Thanks so much for this information. It really helps my search. THANKS! -...
by Felitti-Trimarco
09 Jun 2009, 23:31

Hello Maurizio! Thank you for your message. I honestly had thought that this was not a common problem, but it is very interesting to hear that it is more widespread. I'm confident I can solve this issue mostly with DNA testing of two direct descended male lines, but as of now I only have one out of ...
by Felitti-Trimarco
09 Jun 2009, 20:28

Just to summarize my above confusing post: My great great great grandfather Domenicio Trimarco (b. 1845 Castelluccio Cosentino, d.1906, New York, NY) was born out of wedlock. His mother was Laurenza Trimarco, and he took his mother's last name. His father's first name may have been Vincenzo, and I s...
by Felitti-Trimarco
09 Jun 2009, 20:17

Determining great x 4 grandfather's last name

Hello! I'm having a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. For the past few years, I have been investigating a rumor that my great great grandparents were either 1st or 2nd cousins. I'm very close to solving this, but it turns out that my great great great grandfather ...