Search found 9 matches

by dianalouise
07 Mar 2011, 03:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: How to follow up on request for documents
Replies: 7
Views: 3746

Re: How to follow up on request for documents

Just to let you know that I finally received the documents I requested, about 10 months after I sent my first request. I did re-send the request as a follow-up. Thank you all, including Ann Tatangelo, for your help and encouragement.
by dianalouise
07 Aug 2010, 00:02
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Italian Army WW1
Replies: 30
Views: 24949

Re: Italian Army WW1

How about:
Che la fortuna sia con noi in tutti i nostri desideri.
(May luck be with us in all our desires/wishes)
?
by dianalouise
03 Jul 2010, 12:14

Re: How to follow up on request for documents

Thank you for your replies. I'll try writing an e-mail follow-up. Will have to piece it together from the Italian writing guide in Lynn Nelson's book. ;) It states on the form that they are not responsible for unanswered requests—that doesn't give encouragement. You are right about the envelope—...
by dianalouise
02 Jul 2010, 23:16

How to follow up on request for documents

I wrote to the Stato Civile del Comune di Cittadella (Padova) for my grandfather's and grandmother's birth certificates. I used the appropriate form and sent it with an I.D. copy, self-addressed stamped envelope, and postal certificates for return postage. I sent this on April 26, 2010; to date I ha...
by dianalouise
08 Dec 2008, 20:07
Topic: Adopted daughter in Italy - parents immigrated to America
Replies: 12
Views: 9492

Re: Adopted daughter in Italy - parents immigrated to Americ

Is it possible that the last name Proietto was assigned to a foundling? Also, what type of document record would one look for in the Registri? I'm specifically talking about someone in Palermo in the late 1800s.
Thank you.
by dianalouise
25 Nov 2008, 00:42
Topic: Polsinelli,La Rocca,Lombardozzi and Tuzi from Sora.
Replies: 44
Views: 45635

Re: Polsinelli,La Rocca,Lombardozzi, Tuzi, Tersigni - Sora.

Do any of these Tersigni names fit into your research? They would have been in Sora during the second half of the 19th century.[/quote] Are you saying there was a Luigi Tersigni? I have one in my tree, but I don't know any dates. His wife was Apollonia Cataldi and their daughter was Mariantonia Gene...
by dianalouise
25 Nov 2008, 00:37

Re: Polsinelli,La Rocca,Lombardozzi, Tuzi, Tersigni - Sora.

What Tersigni's do you have? I have lots of them too! Regards, Mike[/quote] Here's what I have of Tersigni: Angela Tersigni married to Francesco Lombardozzi (no dates, but their son was a Domenico Antonio Lombardozzi born 9 Sep 1735 in Sora) On a different branch, Luigi Tersigni (no dates) married t...
by dianalouise
19 Oct 2008, 16:47

Re: Castellucci from Sora.

Thanks, Tomo. I may not have listed my info in the best way, but I still don't see a connection. Here's a little better layout. Each line is a new generation from oldest to youngest, all in Sora: Giuliano Castellucci married to Elisabetta Castellucci (no dates) Son Domenico Castellucci, married Rose...
by dianalouise
08 Oct 2008, 22:02

Re: Polsinelli,La Rocca,Lombardozzi and Tuzi from Sora.

I'm happy to join this forum and I can report some of these names in my tree. Lombardozzi (in Sora): Grazia b. 1825, d. 1898 Carlantonio (Carlo) b. 1798, d. 1821 - married to MariantoniaTersigni b. 1799. She is daughter of Luigi Tersigni. Pasquale Felice b. 1774, d. 1796 Domenico Antonio b. 1735 Fra...