Search found 7 matches

by dmauer
28 Feb 2009, 13:53
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating a marriage publicazioni
Replies: 0
Views: 2648

Help translating a marriage publicazioni

Hello,

I've been able to pick out bits and pieces of information from this publicazioni, but would really like to know what the whole thing reads (especially the handwritten section at the end)... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Image

Thanks,
-Dan
by dmauer
09 Jan 2009, 16:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help: 1 birth record, 1 death record (1856)
Replies: 8
Views: 8730

Re: Translation help: 1 birth record, 1 death record (1856)

Yes, I have to think it's highly unlikely that the death record is for my Maria Cincotta. Ah well. Many more records to look through!

-dan
by dmauer
09 Jan 2009, 14:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help: 1 birth record, 1 death record (1856)
Replies: 8
Views: 8730

Re: Translation help: 1 birth record, 1 death record (1856)

Thanks!!

So do you folks think that might be my Maria Cincotta on the death record, or does it seem pretty unlikely? I know that on that island, Cincotta was quite a common name, so it seems to me more plausible that it's a different Maria... but I haven't yet found any information about Maria's ...
by dmauer
08 Jan 2009, 23:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation help: 1 birth record, 1 death record (1856)
Replies: 8
Views: 8730

Translation help: 1 birth record, 1 death record (1856)

Hello all!

Was hoping someone could give me a hand with the translation of two records. First is a birth record for Salvatore Di Giorgio (my great great grandfather), born 1856 to Antonino Di Giorgio and Maria Cincotta. It spans two pages:

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9276 ...
by dmauer
14 Nov 2008, 13:33
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!
Replies: 7
Views: 7819

Re: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!

Thanks so much everyone. Luckily the dates all seem to be lining up perfectly with other documents, so I think I've successfully made it back one more generation, into the 1830s. Off I go to order more films from LDS :)
by dmauer
12 Nov 2008, 13:01
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!
Replies: 7
Views: 7819

Re: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!

Thanks so much! If it's not too much trouble, what are the other dates/times on the form? (I have a birth date from another document as 7 Jan 1889; does this record agree with that?)

Thanks again,
-Dan
by dmauer
12 Nov 2008, 01:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Very hard-to-read birth record - help!
Replies: 7
Views: 7819

Very hard-to-read birth record - help!

Hello, all...

I've got a pretty bad film here -- just my luck that the Family History Library's copy of the records all look nice and sharp except for the one page with my ancestor's birth record on it :)

There's really only one piece of information I especially want, which is the father ...