Search found 14 matches

by milagiro
19 Jul 2010, 15:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Milazzo family in Palermo
Replies: 51
Views: 29926

Re: Milazzo family in Palermo

Hugh - "Mila" - the first four letters of my family name "Giro" - the first four letters of my married name Did not know about the telescope, but the name seems to suits me as I'm always looking up for answers :-) Not sure where the "Benson" came from, but I was able to...
by milagiro
19 Jul 2010, 12:33

Thank you Pink67! I do have those records in my research files. The Paolo Milazzo listed is my great-grandfather. Isn't it amazing how the spelling of names and even dates can be so different census to census? No wonder it's taken me years to put this all together! 8O I don't have the book: ITALIAN ...
by milagiro
19 Jul 2010, 00:24

I'm sorry but I thought you spoke Italian, how kind of you to type out the entire article then translate! The article is an image so I couldn't copy n' paste - but I really, really appreciate your time! I noticed that the article also states the immigration date as 1902 - somehow this date has enter...
by milagiro
18 Jul 2010, 22:22

HughTornabene - I mentioned you earlier and was hoping you could take a look at: http://www.whirledvisions.com/Betz/MilazzoFamily.html It is a photocopied page from: ITALIAN ACTIVITIES OF THE INTER-MOUNTAIN REGION printed in 1930 by the International Publishing Co., Salt Lake City, showing a photo o...
by milagiro
18 Jul 2010, 22:11

Hi Pink67! Thanx for taking the time to look that up! I've seen that record and it's not quite correct....Paolo Milazzo came to Louisiana in 1890 - when he arrived his name was altered to "Milatzo", because "some english lady changed the spelling of my name" (he told my father) -...
by milagiro
18 Jul 2010, 17:38

Paolo Milazzo immigrated first to LA in 1890 before going to WY - he was born in Camporeale / Trapani and I presume his father, Bartolemeo Milazzo, was also born in the area - so I was wondering if Lorenzo could have been a brother to either Paolo (my g-grandfather) or Bartolomeo (my g-g-grandfather...
by milagiro
18 Jul 2010, 16:56

After reading HughTornabene's post I am wondering if bmilazzo and I are related! I have done much research since my first postings here in 2008, and thanks to all the experts on this forum have found many cousins as well as a fascinating history of my family line! I am the great-great-grandaughter o...
by milagiro
25 Nov 2008, 14:33
Topic: HELP! I blew it!
Replies: 14
Views: 9747

Re: HELP! I blew it!

nuccia,
hahahahaha! Oh yeah, I bet that poor man is still hearing about it!
Well, I have certainly learned my lesson and am working on a letter writing campaign now!

Thank you everybody for your input and big-hearted nature!
- milagiro
by milagiro
21 Nov 2008, 22:28

Re: HELP! I blew it!

juanminbar,
Thank you....and you are right! I learned my lesson (the hard way) and will write only a letter in the future!

I was anxious, I had so much documentation and hoped to connect, but I was wrong. Now I will be careful....I promose :)
milagiro
by milagiro
21 Nov 2008, 21:19
Topic: Milazzo family Camporeale, Italy
Replies: 19
Views: 16654

Re: Milazzo family Camporeale, Italy

Peter-
Can't find the manifest in the URL you sent - do you have another page(s) attached to this site?
by milagiro
21 Nov 2008, 21:17

HELP! I blew it!

I had a small list of living Milazzo's still in the Camporeale area, and with the goading of my genealogist friends, I telephoned them. No one spoke English and my Italian is dodgy at best - we did not connect and I have the feeling I left them with the impression that I am the illigatimate daughter...
by milagiro
18 Nov 2008, 12:30

misbris, Yes, this is my great-grandfather. He returned to Italy for a visit and arrived in New York. He owned a shoe repair shop in Cheyenne, Wyoming and was also the Italian Deputy Consul for the State of Wyoming. However, I am hoping to find his original immigration documents because there are so...
by milagiro
17 Nov 2008, 14:13

WOW! You guys are awesome....and quick! Thank you! My g-grandfather was born in 1871, he states that he arrived in the U.S. about 1890, but I have searched hundreds of ships manifests and find no information that would match his statistics from 1886 to 1893. I have his death certificate and obituary...
by milagiro
16 Nov 2008, 15:40

Milazzo family Camporeale, Italy

I have been doing research on my family roots; the Milazzo's from Camporeale. My great-grandfather was Paul Mario Milatzo (spelling change when arrived in New Orleans) he arrived in the U.S. about 1890 then migrated to Cheyenne, WY, and apprently so did some of his cousins who also adopted the new s...