Thank you kindly Italysearcher and PeterTimber! I'll start to search out the other documents, ie baptism records and 'Riconoscimento'. Not sure how to go about contacting the town hall though.
=Cheshire1974=
Search found 16 matches
- 13 Feb 2009, 15:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15909
- 12 Feb 2009, 10:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15909
Re: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
Thanks again for taking the time to post and the insightful information.
I'm not sure where this leaves my search now, It may take me longer to find out her biological parents names, If I ever do, but I want to at least try.
Other documents I've found, including her British passport have Brunelli ...
I'm not sure where this leaves my search now, It may take me longer to find out her biological parents names, If I ever do, but I want to at least try.
Other documents I've found, including her British passport have Brunelli ...
- 10 Feb 2009, 13:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15909
Re: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
Hi!
Also, her name on her marriage certificate is Bruna Brunelli.
Thanks again uantiti for taking the time to translate my document. I would never have known about that piece of my family's history if it wasn't for you and the rest of the people on this forum that have helped out.
Cheers
Also, her name on her marriage certificate is Bruna Brunelli.
Thanks again uantiti for taking the time to translate my document. I would never have known about that piece of my family's history if it wasn't for you and the rest of the people on this forum that have helped out.
Cheers
- 10 Feb 2009, 13:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15909
Re: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
Thanks uantiti!
What a surprise! I guess I can't search for my Italian family now if there's no record of them.....what a shame.......falling down at the first hurdle.
I know that my grandmother did have family, cousins, aunties etc because she did talk a little about them when she was alive...so ...
What a surprise! I guess I can't search for my Italian family now if there's no record of them.....what a shame.......falling down at the first hurdle.
I know that my grandmother did have family, cousins, aunties etc because she did talk a little about them when she was alive...so ...
- 10 Feb 2009, 11:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15909
Re: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
Thanks johnnyonthespot!
I asked my mum earlier and she said the same thing but, I wanted to be sure because I don't have a lot of knowledge about Italian surnames. Sorry if it wasted anyones time out there, it wasn't intentional, I just feel a bit overwhelmed at times.
=Cheshire1974=
I asked my mum earlier and she said the same thing but, I wanted to be sure because I don't have a lot of knowledge about Italian surnames. Sorry if it wasted anyones time out there, it wasn't intentional, I just feel a bit overwhelmed at times.
=Cheshire1974=
- 10 Feb 2009, 11:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with translation and confusion with surname
- Replies: 15
- Views: 15909
Need help with translation and confusion with surname
Hello and good day to you all!
I've been trying to obtain a copy of my grandmothers birth Certificate (estratto di nascita) these past few months, and was fortunate enough to receive something yesterday.
I've attached a copy of the atti di nascita to this message. If you could have a look over it ...
I've been trying to obtain a copy of my grandmothers birth Certificate (estratto di nascita) these past few months, and was fortunate enough to receive something yesterday.
I've attached a copy of the atti di nascita to this message. If you could have a look over it ...
- 04 Feb 2009, 11:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Thank you!
I've just received an email from the commune in Bologna so fingers crossed! If I do have to go to Bologna though it will probably be next year because I'm heading off to South Korea in a couple of weeks, and will be working there for 12 months.
=Cheshire1974=
I've just received an email from the commune in Bologna so fingers crossed! If I do have to go to Bologna though it will probably be next year because I'm heading off to South Korea in a couple of weeks, and will be working there for 12 months.
=Cheshire1974=
- 15 Jan 2009, 18:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Thanks for the helpfull information. I'm going to keep pressing on, if anything doesn't come from the emails I'll have to think about saving my pennies and going to Bologna in person. Cheers =cheshire1974=
- 13 Jan 2009, 11:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Hi!
It's me again. I'm just wondering how long it will take to receive some kind of email reply from the staffdelconsiglio. I sent an email, over 3 weeks ago to staffdelconsiglio@commune.bologna.it but haven't heard anything.
Cheers
It's me again. I'm just wondering how long it will take to receive some kind of email reply from the staffdelconsiglio. I sent an email, over 3 weeks ago to staffdelconsiglio@commune.bologna.it but haven't heard anything.
Cheers
- 16 Dec 2008, 17:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Thanks Again!
I'll get onto that straight away. I have an exact birth date too, she was born on the 14th May 1923, so that may help matters.
=Cheshire=
I'll get onto that straight away. I have an exact birth date too, she was born on the 14th May 1923, so that may help matters.
=Cheshire=
- 16 Dec 2008, 09:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Thankyou Peter!
I'm still digging around but trying to get information out of my Dad is like getting blood from a stone.
I have always been under the impression that she was born in Bologna, so I thought that maybe if I wrote to the relevent office in Bologna city they could shed some light on ...
I'm still digging around but trying to get information out of my Dad is like getting blood from a stone.
I have always been under the impression that she was born in Bologna, so I thought that maybe if I wrote to the relevent office in Bologna city they could shed some light on ...
- 10 Dec 2008, 12:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Dear posters,
Thanks very much for all the usefull information and for taking the time to help me in my quest, it's much appreciated. I'm currently still wading through all the photos, documents in the attic, and was quite surprised to find out that some of my nans family emigrated to Argentina ...
Thanks very much for all the usefull information and for taking the time to help me in my quest, it's much appreciated. I'm currently still wading through all the photos, documents in the attic, and was quite surprised to find out that some of my nans family emigrated to Argentina ...
- 09 Dec 2008, 14:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Thanks for the reply wldspirit.
The Marriage certificate is an official army form. It names the officers who are witness to the marriage. Both bride and grooms name, age, occupation, and residence at the time of marriage.
I'm going to keep looking in the attic, maybe something else will turn up ...
The Marriage certificate is an official army form. It names the officers who are witness to the marriage. Both bride and grooms name, age, occupation, and residence at the time of marriage.
I'm going to keep looking in the attic, maybe something else will turn up ...
- 09 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
I don't have the town of origin yet but whilst rummaging in the attic I found the original marriage certificate.
It showed that my grandad and nan were married in the garrison church in Riccione in 1947. It also shows that Riccione was the place my nan was living at the time.
Will this ...
It showed that my grandad and nan were married in the garrison church in Riccione in 1947. It also shows that Riccione was the place my nan was living at the time.
Will this ...
- 08 Dec 2008, 17:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
- Replies: 24
- Views: 13816
Re: Where to start my search - it's been a long time!
Thanks for the reply and usefull information Peter. I'll ask my Dad if he knows the town of origin, also I'll see if I can find anything in the attic. =cheshire=