Search found 9 matches

by sailfiori
11 Feb 2009, 03:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Immigration
Replies: 20
Views: 14544

Re: Immigration

Thanks again for everything and thank you to Trish too. What an amazing network of great people. Now I have to do some hunting on my end. I've noticed this can become very addicting !
Have a wonderful day!
Michele
by sailfiori
10 Feb 2009, 03:13

Thank you Laura and thank you too Wldspirit for the Family History Center instructions! This is very encouraging and I can't wait to spend some time on it!
Michele
by sailfiori
09 Feb 2009, 23:05

Please forgive this amateur inquirer........! I believe I missed the post you are referring to. I did not realize another had come in and I had not had time to check the ItalGen website! I just read it and I too am at a loss for words as I was with the first 2 responses! I believe I expressed gratit...
by sailfiori
09 Feb 2009, 21:29

Carlo, I cannot speak Italian.........Can someone help me out here with translation of the post.

Thanks so much,
Michele
by sailfiori
05 Feb 2009, 07:27

And......thank you for the di Stola spelling. Perhaps I should research the Ellis Island records this way?

Thanks for your expertise and willingness to help. It is greatly appreciated.
Michele
by sailfiori
05 Feb 2009, 07:24

Yes ! Thank you........this is my family. We are originally from Rome, New York. I was stumped on the Ellis Island search because of the different spelling of name. The cemetery records in Rome, New York show Stolo (and of course that is the spelling of my mother's maiden name) and Montana. I can se...
by sailfiori
04 Feb 2009, 07:21

Immigration

I don't know where to go with this now. I have the names Antonio Stolo, Birth 1860 - Immigration / US possibly 1894 or 1912, Rosa Stolo, Birth 1872 - Immigration / US 1902, Frank Stolo, Birth 1891 - Imigration /US 1902, James Stolo, Birth 1896 - Immigration / US 1902. Parents and 2 children respecti...
by sailfiori
10 Dec 2008, 18:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Terracina
Replies: 6
Views: 4547

Re: Terracina

Thank you for your helpful replies!
M
by sailfiori
10 Dec 2008, 00:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Terracina
Replies: 6
Views: 4547

Terracina

I am attempting to search records for my great grandfather and great grandmother. I am looking for a marriage license, birth certificates, and ship records for di Fiori family of Terracina, Lazio, Italy. Can you tell me where to go from here.......USA.
Thank you, M