Search found 3 matches

by Coraggio
18 Dec 2008, 01:57
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: mystery phrase in birth/baptism records Trento
Replies: 5
Views: 6537

Re: mystery phrase in birth/baptism records Trento

Si, davvero! I wrote feritto and imagined that the f was an s and the e was a c, and it certainly could have been. Certo. You have solved the mystery, you clever fellow. Grazie altra volta, carino.
Connie
by Coraggio
17 Dec 2008, 16:49
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: mystery phrase in birth/baptism records Trento
Replies: 5
Views: 6537

Re: mystery phrase in birth/baptism records Trento

Bravo, Luca! Retroriferito makes much more sense although that was not how it was spelled in the record. However, in the 1800s, too many words and names were spelled as they may have sounded to the person writing the record. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the records at this time but I ...
by Coraggio
17 Dec 2008, 00:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: mystery phrase in birth/baptism records Trento
Replies: 5
Views: 6537

mystery phrase in birth/baptism records Trento

In 1851 birth/baptism records I found a phrase that doesn't make sense as I translate it and hope someone has run across it and knows what it means. In the box for the father's name was written "il retroferitto Domenico", for the mother's name was written "la retroferitta Manfredi" (no first name ...