Search found 14 matches

by Beantown
03 Feb 2009, 03:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Indice Decennales
Replies: 2
Views: 3342

Indice Decennales

On microfilm I've found on an Indice Decennale for births and on an Indice Decennale for marriages two records I am looking for.

How likely is it the corresponding extracts and records are not available?

Thanks
by Beantown
03 Feb 2009, 02:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian Birth Record for Citizenship
Replies: 1
Views: 2459

Italian Birth Record for Citizenship

Clarification please: As I need the document on legal paper for my Citizenship application will the Ufficio di Stato Civile of a Comune provide an extract of a birth act (estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nacita) in carta legale? Will they only put the birth certificate (estratto dee'atto di nasci...
by Beantown
22 Jan 2009, 19:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Matrimoni Records
Replies: 22
Views: 12498

Re: Matrimoni Records

I'm going after both the Marriage Acts and the Birth Extract. Unless I'm mistaken I need the birth extract for my Italian Citizenship application.

Thanks for your responses. I would like to be able to speak Italy. Rosetta Stone here we come.
by Beantown
22 Jan 2009, 10:22

If you're in my situation, all you have are the birth (1892 San Severo) and marriage (1884 San Severo) indice decennales and you really want to know more about the individual event and the family what would you request? I guess at least part of the answer is easy as I absolutely need the full birth ...
by Beantown
22 Jan 2009, 10:01

It's funny you ask me that now. I found two really important indice decennales to my research today on microfilm (one for births and one for marriages). Unfortunately, none of the for birth or marriage records were on any of the microfilm for specifically the years I need. One of them looks to be my...
by Beantown
20 Jan 2009, 08:11

Matrimoni Records

Would some please explain the differences betweeen these types of records or documents:

Matrimoni

Allegati Matrmoniali
Pubblicazioni
Indice Decennale Matrimoni

Thank you
by Beantown
18 Jan 2009, 07:38
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Siocco Di Puglia??
Replies: 3
Views: 4035

Re: San Siocco Di Puglia??

I seriously wonder if "San Sossio Barona" was the town written on the document as "San Siocco Di Puglia". "The city of San Sossio Baronia is located ...province of Avellino and the border with the region of Puglia". It looks like just a couple miles from "Anzano di...
by Beantown
18 Jan 2009, 03:48

Re: San Siocco Di Puglia??

Thank you for your reply Peter. Although this particular family name (Vaccaro) is very prominent in Sicily the family has always said he was from Avellino or San Severo (which might explain "San Siocco Di Puglia"). Is there a particular reason you ask if my folks are of Sicilian origin?? A...
by Beantown
18 Jan 2009, 01:02

San Siocco Di Puglia??

Help... I found a divorce record in Boston, MA for my Great Great Grandparents. It says they were married in 1889 at "San Siocco Di Puglia in the Kingdom of Italy". Does anyone have any idea where that is? Is it a formerly known as town? Is it perhaps a translation spelling error? Thank you.
by Beantown
15 Jan 2009, 23:02
Topic: Vaccaro in Avellino
Replies: 14
Views: 9656

Re: Vaccaro in Avellino

One of my focuses right now is to find my Great Grandfather's birth extract. Yes, it may be the only thing holding me up from submitting my application for Citizenship. After sending my letters and emails to Italy my process for finding that record may take me to the archives. While I know my Great ...
by Beantown
15 Jan 2009, 08:39

Would someone who has done research there be able to give me an idea of what to expect if I was to go to the "archivio di stato" in person. Would my not speaking Italian make it very difficult? Are records (i.e. bmd's, conscription, notary, census, assessments) indexed in a way they can be...
by Beantown
08 Jan 2009, 20:24

I've already written the email to the Avellino provincial archives. It is being translated into Italian as we speak. Regarding the form letters to the various communes you suggested in your jan 6 post, should I send them after I receive a response back to my email to the archives or concurrently? To...
by Beantown
08 Jan 2009, 04:31

Thank you very much Peter. I will proceed as suggested and keep my fingers crossed. Ideally, it would be great to actually visit the provincial archives.
by Beantown
06 Jan 2009, 11:35

Vaccaro in Avellino

I have a couple questions for which I hope someone can help. First, I am trying to find my Great Grandfather's birth in Italy. His Petition for Naturalization in the states shows his birthplace as Avellino. I do not know if he is referring to the town of, the Province of or the area around Avellino....