Search found 23 matches
- 22 Oct 2023, 22:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for grand mother death cert
- Replies: 4
- Views: 846
Re: Looking for grand mother death cert
Thanks, I will write using Google translate English to Italian. I did take Italian in college but that was 50 years ago.
- 22 Oct 2023, 12:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for grand mother death cert
- Replies: 4
- Views: 846
Re: Looking for grand mother death cert
All the children married in New York City
Two of the children died in WW1
Nicolo Nov 1917 \Antonio 1918, note Nicolo last name is listed as Cantillo in the war records
Thanks for correcting my spelling
Two of the children died in WW1
Nicolo Nov 1917 \Antonio 1918, note Nicolo last name is listed as Cantillo in the war records
Thanks for correcting my spelling
- 21 Oct 2023, 22:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for grand mother death cert
- Replies: 4
- Views: 846
Looking for grand mother death cert
I have been trying to find my grandmothers death cert. I know she died in 1909 in St.agata di puglia
Her father was Michele Malamasuria and her mother was Carmela Leafracasale.Her name was Maria Luigia
Malamasuria married to Alfonso Cauillo.
Any thouths on how to proceed
Thank
Robert Gardner
Her father was Michele Malamasuria and her mother was Carmela Leafracasale.Her name was Maria Luigia
Malamasuria married to Alfonso Cauillo.
Any thouths on how to proceed
Thank
Robert Gardner
- 24 Oct 2009, 11:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Letter form ww1
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7562
Re: Letter form ww1
I would like to thank every one for your help. The link to the 91 and 92 regiments was interesting , my Italian is limited, but I can follow most of the information.
- 20 Oct 2009, 11:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Letter form ww1
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7562
Re: Letter form ww1
Nuccia
Thank you for the information. I neglected to state that I am looking for information about the Italian Army which my uncle was in. I think the 82/92 would be the regiment number and the Val Dobbiano would be a Battalion designation. I can not find much using Google and searching. Does any ...
Thank you for the information. I neglected to state that I am looking for information about the Italian Army which my uncle was in. I think the 82/92 would be the regiment number and the Val Dobbiano would be a Battalion designation. I can not find much using Google and searching. Does any ...
- 17 Oct 2009, 15:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Letter form ww1
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7562
Letter form ww1
I had a letter from my uncle translated from Italian to English. It had no date but was written from the war zone (world war1)The heading said Infantry 92 (or 82) camp hospital 2nd army Val Dobbiano Trevrso. I know that most of the 2nd army was destroyed in Oct 1917 and my family told me that my ...
- 04 Oct 2009, 14:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Uncle that died in ww1
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20191
Re: Uncle that died in ww1
Here is the imageshack location
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/128/pict0114v.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/128/pict0114v.jpg
- 04 Oct 2009, 14:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Uncle that died in ww1
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20191
Re: Uncle that died in ww1
I am getting a message that I do not have permission to attach photos?
- 04 Oct 2009, 13:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Uncle that died in ww1
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20191
Re: Uncle that died in ww1
Here is the Photo
- 04 Oct 2009, 13:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Uncle that died in ww1
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20191
Re: Uncle that died in ww1
I have found a picture of my uncles Antonio and Nicola. I am attaching it.. Antonio was a carabinieri and I assume he died in the Battle of Caporetto between Oct and Nov 1917. I can not find any information on the uniform that Nicola is waring. There is a 91 on the hat. The only US regement from ww1 ...
- 28 Aug 2009, 15:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Uncle that died in ww1
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20191
Re: Uncle that died in ww1
Thank-you for finding the correct manifest. I have tried to locate him in the US military data base with no luck. There was a fire at the records depository in 1973 and all army records of personnel from 1912 to 1960 for letters A thru H were lost and no copies available.
- 28 Aug 2009, 13:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Uncle that died in ww1
- Replies: 23
- Views: 20191
Re: Uncle that died in ww1
I have found the ship manifest that lists my uncle Nicola. He arrived on May 19,1910 and is on line 009. His last name is Cantello. I am sure that he is my uncle, since he lists his father as Alfonso and is going to his cousin at Hughes ave in the Bronx. My mother had told me there were cousins that ...
- 23 Aug 2009, 15:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Notations on Manifest
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7475
Re: Notations on Manifest
Line number 13 has the same type of notation and the person is going to the same place 167 hester st. and both from S.Agata I do not know the family name for line 13.My family did immigrate from S.Agata
- 23 Aug 2009, 14:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Notations on Manifest
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7475
Re: Notations on Manifest
I had noticed both Nicla's, but the age on the 1903 manafest is older then the one on the 1905 manifest. How could they be the same person unless the age was incorrect?
- 23 Aug 2009, 14:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Notations on Manifest
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7475
Re: Notations on Manifest
The following is the information on the ellis island site
Nicola Contillo Mar 22, 1905 Naples
Nicola Contillo Mar 22, 1905 Naples