Search found 30 matches

by jmirra3
28 Jan 2024, 03:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Corsino/Calidonia - Sambiase, Lamezia Terme, Catanzaro
Replies: 7
Views: 363

Re: Corsino/Calidonia - Sambiase, Lamezia Terme, Catanzaro

I don't yet have a birth record found for Mary, but across a dozen records i've seen her birth year reported anywhere from 1902-1904.

I have a handful of DNA results that also point to this family, so I am fairly certain I'm on the right track, Just not sure how to request records from the Comune.
by jmirra3
27 Jan 2024, 00:35

Yes the name is Innocenza on this list. She is listed on the 1915 NJ Census as Noncenzia after she married her second husband Tony Scelza. You can See her daughter Mary (Corsino) was born in Ohio. https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/2755042:61558?ssrc=pt&tid=174248213&pid=25227...
by jmirra3
26 Jan 2024, 16:54

Of course. The family in question appears on lines 20-24 on this passenger list:

https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-co ... Fbvqtuk_mI
by jmirra3
26 Jan 2024, 00:49

Corsino/Calidonia - Sambiase, Lamezia Terme, Catanzaro

Hello, I am looking for information on my gg grandmother Vinenzia Calidonia born about 1882 in Sambiase Italy. Her husband Andreae Corsino was also born in Sambiase and I believe he came over to the US prior to 1902 and settled in Columbus Ohio. I found a passenger list that has Vincenzia and her tw...
by jmirra3
05 Mar 2011, 22:24
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1900 Census missing
Replies: 4
Views: 1766

Re: 1900 Census missing

Laura I received the birth record today. Unfortunately it is not the correct one. The parents names are Giuseppe and Marianna and the sex of the child is Male, named: Liberte Mirra.

I am still planning to look into Angelina's birth record as well.

Thanks,

Jim
by jmirra3
22 Feb 2011, 14:58

Re: 1900 Census missing

Thanks Laura! I just sent away for a copy of that certificate, hopefully I will know soon. I found a death certificate for one of Raffaele and Gelsomina's children that died in Philadelphia in 1902. Perhaps during the time of the census they were in the process of moving from NYC to Philadelphia, no...
by jmirra3
22 Feb 2011, 02:39

1900 Census missing

Hello, My great great grandparents came over to the united states in the 1890s. I have my gg grandfather's (Raffaele Mirra) ship manifest that says he came to the US in 1892 by himself. My gg grandmother's (Gelsomina Amato) ship manifest has her coming over in 1897 with her 3 children. (Letizia, Col...
by jmirra3
16 Feb 2011, 21:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Death Record Maiden Name
Replies: 3
Views: 1294

Death Record Maiden Name

I just received my gg grandfather's death certificate (NJ, USA) and am having a hard time making out the maiden name of his mother. This is not a translation, just wanted to see if anyone knew of a similar Italian surname.

TIA

Jim
by jmirra3
14 Feb 2011, 06:26
Topic: recap of philly appintment yesterday- long post sorry
Replies: 26
Views: 7075

Re: recap of philly appintment yesterday- long post sorry

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but what is the benefit of having dual citizenship?
by jmirra3
08 Feb 2011, 21:03
Topic: What is my next step?
Replies: 8
Views: 3302

Re: What is my next step?

lilbees, Thank you for your help. I am going to say this Raffaele is the one that matches the ship manifest that I have, but I am starting to think that it is not my gg grandfather. I searched the family search website images and cannot find the birth records for any of his children, and no marriage...
by jmirra3
06 Feb 2011, 22:00

Re: What is my next step?

lilbees that would be great. thank you very much
by jmirra3
05 Feb 2011, 19:56

What is my next step?

The earliest information that I have on my paternal great great grandfather Rafael Mirra is that he was born in Castellammare di Stabia, Campania, Italy on 29 Sep 1860. He Emigrated from Italy to the USA on 13 Dec 1887 via the ship 'Chandernagor' that left from the part of Naples. His passenger list...