Search found 32 matches

by arist
03 Mar 2010, 11:37
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: MILD discrepancy just found before applying for citizenship
Replies: 1
Views: 2466

Re: MILD discrepancy just found before applying for citizens

i would guess it'll be a problem...if anything they'll ask that you change the death. i don't think you can correct the baptismal. just go to your appointment and see what they say, it's too late to start fussing with it.
by arist
26 Jan 2010, 15:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating Military Record please..edit
Replies: 6
Views: 5511

Re: Help translating Military Record please..edit

Thanks liviomoreno-

Would he have needed an Italian passport in order to serve in Africa?
by arist
25 Jan 2010, 23:00
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help translating Military Record please..edit
Replies: 6
Views: 5511

Help translating Military Record please..edit

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab329/arist525/military2.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab329/arist525/military1.jpg


Hello, I received my G GF's military record from Italy today. I'm applying for dual citizenship next month and hope this will give some clue as to whether or not he ...
by arist
19 Jan 2010, 20:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian Consulates
Replies: 26
Views: 20500

Re: Italian Consulates

Do you honestly have to ask if Muslims or any other religious group are "taking over" Italy? Italy will be catholic majority until the end of time. The idea is as crazy the religion itself ;)
by arist
30 Dec 2009, 17:20
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help with translation please... (small)
Replies: 2
Views: 3796

help with translation please... (small)

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me in translating this to italian. I've translated everything on this birth certificate myself except for this small statement. Trying to avoid sending it out and pay a fortune for 2 lines.

"I, the undersigned, hereby certify that I attended professionally at ...
by arist
10 Sep 2009, 16:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Certification of Non-existence of Naturalization Record
Replies: 17
Views: 20190

Re: Certification of Non-existence of Naturalization Record

I was told 4 months for certificate from the genealogy dept. Was also advised to send both requests at the same time...instead of waiting for the letter from genealogy dept. as they both search the same database.
by arist
23 Aug 2009, 17:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
Replies: 12
Views: 10152

Re: How do I certify NARA has no records?

btw..I requested a search in Italy at the Archives for passport, naturalizations etc of my GGF. I think it will be easier to just go through my GGGF at this point though, ignoring the fact my GGF re-naturalized. I feel my proof will be sufficient enough for the consulate, as I will have 4 letters of ...
by arist
23 Aug 2009, 17:28
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
Replies: 12
Views: 10152

Re: How do I certify NARA has no records?

I was just told on another board I SHOULD search local courts in NYC as well. Do you know how many courts there are to search? I thought NYC only had the Supreme Court and Civil Court...and Chicago would only have Cook County Circuit Court..
?
by arist
22 Aug 2009, 22:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
Replies: 12
Views: 10152

Re: How do I certify NARA has no records?

I requested a NEW checklist from the Chicago NARA specifying the name of which they searched, which I received today. So I should be fine with this.

Question. My GGGF came over in 1891...lived in Chicago apx. 7 years before going to NY to stay until 1904...then going back to Italy. I've received a ...
by arist
20 Aug 2009, 05:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
Replies: 12
Views: 10152

Re: How do I certify NARA has no records?

Peter, are you suggesting I only give the consulate my 'no record' letter from NARA NYC... and forget about the 'checklist' from Chicago NARA?
by arist
19 Aug 2009, 02:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
Replies: 12
Views: 10152

Re: How do I certify NARA has no records?

raynor,

My GGGF lived in both Chicago and NYC, so I've done searches with both NARA office's.

NYC office issues a letter, but it states in the letter it can't be certified.

Chicago won't issue a letter. Instead, they give you a paper that's in a sort of checklist form. Who knows if this will ...
by arist
18 Aug 2009, 15:17
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help in writing a letter!
Replies: 1
Views: 3474

Help in writing a letter!

Hello all.

A friend of mine has been helping me with translations, but he's on holiday and really don't want to bother him.

This board has been kind enough to translate for me before. Would someone mind helping with this one? Thank you!

"Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm writing to request a search for ...