Search found 33 matches

by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 19:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Eligible for Italian Citizenship (GGF-GF-F) ?
Replies: 18
Views: 8639

Re: Eligible for Italian Citizenship (GGF-GF-F) ?

Thank you for the discussion and new points of reference! I found the follwing on the website: http://www.esteri.it/MAE/EN/Italiani_nel_Mondo/ServiziConsolari/Cittadinanza.htm 4. GRANTING OF ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP PURSUANT TO SPECIAL LAWS A. Law n. 379 of 14 December 2000, provides for recognition of I...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 18:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: VOLPIN, Giovanni from Rovigo - Veneto region
Replies: 10
Views: 4429

Re: VOLPIN, Giovanni from Rovigo - Veneto region

The map of the Unification of Italy - 1850s to the 1870s below shows Rovigo (Veneto & Veneice) was added to Italy latest by 1870.

http://www.wwnorton.com/college/history ... ifital.htm
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 17:52

The map below "Italy 1815-1861" seems to indicate Rovigo was still part of the Austrian-Hungarian empire in 1861. http://www.sscnet.ucla.edu/polisci/faculty/trachtenberg/courses/ITALY.GIF As Rovigo was occupied by Italian forces in 1866 during the Third Italian War of Independence, it shou...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 17:46

Dear mler, jennabet, I am not 100% when Rovigo became part of Italy. Some articles say 1861, others 1866 (during the Third Italian War of Independence against the Austrian-Hungarian empire, when the Piedmontese general Enrico Cialdini crossed the river Po and occupied Rovigo on July 11. The map belo...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 17:27

Dear Suanj, thanks a lot!!! Thank you for sharing this useful new source "Liste di Leva" (physical examination for national military service) database for Rovigo and Padova province (men born from 1846 to 1902). There is so much available these days, you either have to know about it or be ...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 15:15

Hi Nuccia, thanks for this!! I think Giovanni VOLPIN & Paschôa SANTOLATO who met each other on the boat from Italy (and married in Campinas, São Paulo state) arrived somewhere in Brazil, most likely in Santos (the largest port/harbor). The list you show are from people arriving in Buenos Aires i...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 13:34
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian online collections on FamilySearch
Replies: 9
Views: 6249

Re: Italian online collections on FamilySearch

Ciao Livio, this is simply great work compiling and sharing this information in a well organized manner surely helping many of us trying to find information from our past! I am looking for documents of my great-grandfather Giovanni VOLPIN who was born in ROVIGO (city or province) in or around 1855 a...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 10:37
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: ROVIGO in 1850-1860: part of Venice or Austria?
Replies: 5
Views: 4709

ROVIGO in 1850-1860: part of Venice or Austria?

Good day I am looking for practical help to retrieve documents related to the birth and/or baptism of my great-grand-father Giovanni VOLPIN from ROVIGO (either the city or province) in the Veneto region in Italy. Italy was unified in 1861 and my GGF Giovanni was born in or around 1855 when it was no...
by volpin
19 Jul 2013, 09:41
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Birth Certificate from ROVIGO (Veneto region) around 1855
Replies: 5
Views: 4255

Birth Certificate from ROVIGO (Veneto region) around 1855

Good day fellow researchers ! I am looking for practical help to retrieve documents related to the birth and/or baptism of my great-grand-father Giovanni VOLPIN from ROVIGO (either the city or province) in the Veneto region in Italy. He emigrated to Brazil, settled in Pedreira - São Paulo state, and...
by volpin
18 Jul 2013, 17:13

While reading about the unification of Italy, I saw that although in the Third Italian War of Independence (against the Austrian-Hungarian empire) in 1866, the Piedmontese general Enrico Cialdini crossed the river Po and occupied Rovigo (July 11), Padua (July 12), Treviso (July 14), San Donà di Piav...
by volpin
18 Jul 2013, 16:02

Hi mler, thank you again, very useful information for me! No, both my sons and myself never nationalized. Being born in Switzerland does not give you the nationality first of all, and you have to have lived here for over 12 years I believe (10 for children), and the eldest is only 3. Having a europe...
by volpin
18 Jul 2013, 10:20

Hi mler None of my ancestors ever naturalized (an active process to become Brazilian), and they did not actively renounce their Italian citizenship. None of them ever served in the Brazilian army. Just to understand your comment better, was there a (citizenship-) law change in Italy in 1992, which e...
by volpin
17 Jul 2013, 16:39

Eligible for Italian Citizenship (GGF-GF-F) ?

Hello everybody, I am looking for a confirmation whether I am eligible for an Italian passport. My ancestors from my father's side: Great-great-grandfather : Paolo VOLPIN - Born in Italy & Died in Brazil Great-great-grandmother : Teresa CAPATO - Born in Italy & Died in Brazil Great-grandfath...
by volpin
17 Jul 2013, 16:01

VOLPIN, Giovanni from Rovigo - Veneto region

Hello everybody, I am looking for practical help to retrieve documents related to the birth and/or baptism of my great-grand-father Giovanni VOLPIN, from Rovigo (either the city or province) in the Veneto region in Italy. He emigrated to Brazil, settled in Pedreira - São Paulo state, and died there ...
by volpin
17 Jun 2013, 15:00
Topic: VOLPIN family, Rovigo province (Veneto region)
Replies: 1
Views: 788

VOLPIN family, Rovigo province (Veneto region)

Hello! I am looking for birth documents and relatives of my great-grandfather, Guiseppe VOLPIN. He was born in Rovigo (either town or province) in 1855. His parents were Paolo Volpin and Theresa Capato. He emigrated to Brazil but he never gave up his Italian citizenship. He actually met my great-gra...