Search found 25 matches

by SondraG
10 Jun 2011, 19:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: No reply from Palermo on grandfather's birth cert request
Replies: 3
Views: 1130

Re: No reply from Palermo on grandfather's birth cert reques

Hi Anna, I know that's frustrating, but if you want to speed things up, you could hire one of the research firms. We hired one for the birth certificate from Agrigento, and it came pretty quickly. Yes, it does cost more, but it is one solution. Happy to help if I can. My husband and I just got our D...
by SondraG
12 Sep 2009, 19:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian marriage certificate Cerrato/Leva - help reading?
Replies: 7
Views: 4250

Re: Italian marriage certificate Cerrato/Leva - help reading

Thanks, VJ, for cleaning up my mess. Just used Imageshack for the 1st time, will figure out how to do it right soon!
by SondraG
12 Sep 2009, 18:48

Re: Italian marriage certificate Cerrato/Leva - help reading

Hope this works! http://img2.imageshack.us/i/marriagecerratoleva1898f.jpg/ http://img2.imageshack.us/i/marriagecerratoleva1898n.jpg/ http://img2.imageshack.us/i/marriagecerratoleva1898.jpg/ Not sure how to make this bigger. Maybe somebody can tell me how to enlarge at Imageshack. Sorry, novice at up...
by SondraG
12 Sep 2009, 15:45

Italian marriage certificate Cerrato/Leva - help reading?

Continuing research on Grizzaffi/Cerrato ancestors, thanks to all who got me this far. In digging through the marriage records for Allessandria/Asti/Piemonte (Calliano specific), I actually found the marriage certificate for Regina Leva (husband's Great GM) and Francesco Mario Cerrato (a name nobody...
by SondraG
07 Sep 2009, 01:32
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Place name question re Ancestry.com index- Castell'alfe
Views: 2758

Re: Place name question re

Thanks for the info. Had to append the url with .it to make it work, but will bookmark, good site.
by SondraG
06 Sep 2009, 22:29
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Place name question re Ancestry.com index- Castell'alfe
Views: 2758

Place name question re Ancestry.com index- Castell'alfe

Research the Allessandria & Asti Civil Records on Ancestry, and "Castell'alfero" is not an option under location . Should I be looking under the more general area of Calliano or somewhere else? Does this old place name have a more recent name? Looking for birth records from years 1881 ...
by SondraG
02 Sep 2009, 13:14
Topic: Grizzaffi (Grisafi) family search -Corleone,Palermo,Sicily
Replies: 46
Views: 32592

Re: Grizzaffi (Grisafi) family search -Corleone,Palermo,Sici

As always, thanks for the assistance and education. The search for here and in Italy continues. Yesterday, we began the formal paperwork process for dual citizenship, requesting naturalization doc and birth certificate from Italy (through an Italian consulting service). Local docs are in process as ...
by SondraG
30 Aug 2009, 22:33

More pieces falling into place. Note to self :(1) family legends are interesting, but only contain a shred of tangled truth, and (2) every piece of information is a clue, even if you can't decipher it, so don't eliminate it and (3) genealogy is the most humbling experience of my life, next to mother...
by SondraG
29 Aug 2009, 20:34

I don't think your "supposing" went too far, very logical conclusion, IMHO.

So much information, so exciting to follow. Lots more clues to search out on other family trees. So many paths to follow from these clues.

Just yesterday, I had despaired of finding GGM.
by SondraG
29 Aug 2009, 16:38

Your info led me to check the Fayette County marriage records again. Found Pietro Aitelli m to Regina Leva (??) in Aug, 1913, sounds right. And names of their parents, though it's hard to tell if they are giving first or last names. But still, clues are clues... And, duh, Pietro = Peter. Peter, the ...
by SondraG
29 Aug 2009, 15:54

Fascinating, never would have picked out "Rock". And, isn't it interesting that the family stories go from ordinary to sensational over time??

I continue to be amazed at what you come up with. Another story to tag on to the family tree, thanks so much.
by SondraG
29 Aug 2009, 14:47

Nearest date - 1826, Harewood, West Virginia
by SondraG
29 Aug 2009, 14:39

Ooh, no, that's a find! Thanks

Edited to say, I've been trying to use the WV Archives for Fayette County marriages/deaths this morning, the site is unbelievably slow and I'm getting no hits on anything. Will try again with this info.
by SondraG
29 Aug 2009, 13:27

Maria (based on the fact that Angelina stated Maria as mother on marriage certificate) Cerato. Sister of Angelina who died in Torino, It in 1991, spelled the last name Cerrato. Haven't had any luck digging up anything on Maria from Immigration records, either Ellis Island or Ancestry.com. Plan to ch...