Search found 6 matches

by Teapot
09 Oct 2009, 03:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: help finding grandparents
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: help finding grandparents

I'm sorry, I have no idea if they were brothers. I do know my grandfather (yes, he died in Ohio) had a brother, Angelo. If there were others, I'm not aware. My biggest problem is that I don't have any older relatives left who could answer any of my questions. All of my mother's siblings are deseased...
by Teapot
09 Oct 2009, 00:54

It's possible. I know he worked as a cook for a time at a restaurant in Pittsburgh. Also, I know he knew someone close in Kensington, PA because we found an old letter from this man. I'm asking a local language teacher to translate it for us. That's about as much as I know.
by Teapot
08 Oct 2009, 16:21

It's very likely that there is some relationship there. My grandfather, Rosario, had two baby boys, both named Vincent, and both died around the age of one. They tended to name their children after other family members. If you find out any more information, I'd sure like to hear about it, if it's no...
by Teapot
19 Aug 2009, 14:59

Oh THANK YOU so much. This has to be him! I only just received this military registration a few days ago, which included his middle name. I knew it was the letter "G", but had no idea it was Gabriele until then. It didn't occur to me to check under that name. If I may ask another question,...
by Teapot
19 Aug 2009, 04:45

I have the manifest showing my grandmother came through Ellis, as did my grandfather's brother. But I can't find his name anywhere. I do know that he couldn't read or write, but I don't know if that would make any difference. Thanks for taking the time to help me. I do have a military registration c...
by Teapot
19 Aug 2009, 02:50

help finding grandparents

I need help finding my grandparents, who were from San Mango D'Aquino, Calabria. My grandfather was Rosario Gabriele Fiorillo, son of Angelo and Cecilia Fiorello. He was born around 1879 and died in America on August 8, 1951. My grandmother was Theresa Caterina,(or Catrina) also from San Mango. She ...