Search found 28 matches
- 15 Feb 2023, 12:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
Re: James Ross - What could be his real name?
Tessa,
Vincenzo James Ross was a child of Giuseppe Giosa, first son named for his father Vincenzo but based on census records sometime after his 1889 marriage and before 1910 Giuseppe took the name James Ross and his wife Angiolina changed her name to Agnes.I have been trying to find the family ...
- 15 Feb 2023, 00:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
Re: James Ross - What could be his real name?
Great finds, Biff!!! :)
Is it possible that James Ross was the child of Giuseppe Giosa?
Here is the christening record of Vincenzo Gerardo Giosa with notation "known as " James Gerard Ross.
Father is Giuseppe Giosa, mother is Angelina Tancredi.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:HHJ9 ...
- 14 Feb 2023, 23:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
Re: James Ross - What could be his real name?
Wow all you folks rock! Thank you so much for the effort. Your work is simply amazing. I wish I had these skills.
- 14 Feb 2023, 23:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
Re: James Ross - What could be his real name?
Tessa,
Vincenzo James Ross was a child of Giuseppe Giosa, first son named for his father Vincenzo but based on census records sometime after his 1889 marriage and before 1910 Giuseppe took the name James Ross and his wife Angiolina changed her name to Agnes.I have been trying to find the family ...
- 14 Feb 2023, 23:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
Re: James Ross - What could be his real name?
James was commonly the Americanization of Vincenzo in the US.
His surname could have been Rossi, Rossano or Rossetti. These surnames are found in Avellino Province.
All three are also found in the town of Avellino ...
You would need to know his exact town of birth to find his birth act. Avellino ...
- 14 Feb 2023, 23:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
Re: James Ross - What could be his real name?
James was commonly the Americanization of Vincenzo in the US.
His surname could have been Rossi, Rossano or Rossetti. These surnames are found in Avellino Province.
All three are also found in the town of Avellino ...
You would need to know his exact town of birth to find his birth act. Avellino ...
- 11 Feb 2023, 19:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: James Ross - What could be his real name?
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4689
James Ross - What could be his real name?
My Great Grandfathers name was James Ross. He was born in 17 Jan 1863 Avellino, Campania, Italy, died 27 Sep 1949 Scranton, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania, USA. Migrated to the US in 1874.
My Question is, this cant possibly be his real name. Is the surname of Ross common in Italy or could he actually be ...
My Question is, this cant possibly be his real name. Is the surname of Ross common in Italy or could he actually be ...
- 13 Dec 2017, 21:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Erasmo Troja
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1321
Re: Erasmo Troja
Many thanks to livioreno and erudita74! You have confirmed my findings.
- 13 Dec 2017, 01:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Erasmo Troja
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1321
Erasmo Troja
Would someone please help me translate record 96 of the attached? OMG, how did these parish priests expect anyone to read their writing!
I think its for Erasmo Troja
I think its for Erasmo Troja
- 25 Nov 2017, 19:19
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Samuel Vidal Salgado from Orenzo Spain
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1949
Samuel Vidal Salgado from Orenzo Spain
Hi,
I am trying to track down my wife's grandfathers family in Spain. This guy has been around, there are many records of him on vessels since he was a ships crewman. But the story we have is he came to the US through Canada at an early age (16 or so) with an Uncle and a younger sister. I tried the ...
I am trying to track down my wife's grandfathers family in Spain. This guy has been around, there are many records of him on vessels since he was a ships crewman. But the story we have is he came to the US through Canada at an early age (16 or so) with an Uncle and a younger sister. I tried the ...
- 26 Sep 2017, 19:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 40
- Views: 60411
Re: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
Parker, Thanks for the info, that is exactly what I have found. Also there are still Toia's and Toja's in Sicily. It seems you can only find so much online and they say to only real way to find out is to go the the church where the family is registered. My ancestry research has gone stale, instead I ...
- 20 Jun 2012, 18:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone recommend a researcher?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1435
Re: Can anyone recommend a researcher?
Thanks Marty!
- 20 Jun 2012, 16:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can anyone recommend a researcher?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1435
Can anyone recommend a researcher?
I think I have come to the conclusion with my schedule I need some help with my genealogy research.
Can anyone on the board recommend a paid researcher that can focus on Palermo, Sicily?
Thanks
Frank Troy
frank@troy.net
Can anyone on the board recommend a paid researcher that can focus on Palermo, Sicily?
Thanks
Frank Troy
frank@troy.net
- 17 May 2010, 19:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 40
- Views: 60411
Re: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
bioprincess81,
Actually the space is correct, it should be Di Giovanna (typo on my part). They are from Capaci in Palermo, Sicily.
Francesa lived NJ somewhere.
Maria lived in Scranton, PA
I am unsure of the others.
Actually the space is correct, it should be Di Giovanna (typo on my part). They are from Capaci in Palermo, Sicily.
Francesa lived NJ somewhere.
Maria lived in Scranton, PA
I am unsure of the others.
- 17 May 2010, 16:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 40
- Views: 60411
Re: Troia family from Palermo, Sicily
bioprincess81,
My grandmother Maria (Mary) DiGiovanna 1896 -1973 had 3 siblings
Giuseppe DiGiovanna 1889 –
Francesca DiGiovanna 1891 – 1968
Filippo DiGiovanna 1899 –
I hope this helps.
Frank
My grandmother Maria (Mary) DiGiovanna 1896 -1973 had 3 siblings
Giuseppe DiGiovanna 1889 –
Francesca DiGiovanna 1891 – 1968
Filippo DiGiovanna 1899 –
I hope this helps.
Frank