misbris--is this now, or would this have been at the time of immigration? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions but I'm very new to all this. Thank you!misbris wrote:Here is the breakdown for the # of people in Guardia withe the name Morone.
84.16
Guardia Sanframondi Benevento
Morone
Search found 11 matches
- 10 Nov 2009, 08:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- 09 Nov 2009, 20:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
Thanks to you both so very much! Now that we have all the information we will send away for the proper certificates from NYC and then begin speaking with the consulate here in LA to find out what our next steps should be.

- 09 Nov 2009, 20:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
We think we have found him! It seems that he did come over through Castle Garden and not Ellis Island. The ship is the Archimede.
He's on line 24--can anyone make out the name of his last residence? And would this be the comune?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsterballs/4089979647/sizes/o ...
He's on line 24--can anyone make out the name of his last residence? And would this be the comune?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamsterballs/4089979647/sizes/o ...
- 09 Nov 2009, 19:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
I found some information at castlegarden.org which may help? I'm digging up some things which seem to fit, but I'm not sure.
Giovanni Morone
Came over on the Archimede, arrived May 24, 1899?
origin Italy, port Naples
destination NYC.
Giovanni Morone
Came over on the Archimede, arrived May 24, 1899?
origin Italy, port Naples
destination NYC.
- 09 Nov 2009, 19:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
I'm thinking that Rigent is Henrietta and Rominigus (could that be Dominigus? it's difficult to read on the census) is Dominic? The address is certainly correct.
Does the fact that he immigrated in 1890 mean that he did not come through Ellis Island? I have read that Ellis Island opened in 1892 ...
Does the fact that he immigrated in 1890 mean that he did not come through Ellis Island? I have read that Ellis Island opened in 1892 ...
- 09 Nov 2009, 18:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
I do have a question about the marriage certificate just for clarity before I send the request in--is the certificate number 1905 (1902)? I believe this is it but I want to make sure before I send.
Thanks!
Thanks!
- 09 Nov 2009, 17:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
vj, I have that information right here, let me get my notebook. :)
They lived at 320 E. 59th St, NY NY. He was naturalized on March 8, 1921 at 47 years of age. My hubby's father says that they lived on the island of Manhattan, almost directly underneath the 59th St. bridge?
John and Fannie, as ...
They lived at 320 E. 59th St, NY NY. He was naturalized on March 8, 1921 at 47 years of age. My hubby's father says that they lived on the island of Manhattan, almost directly underneath the 59th St. bridge?
John and Fannie, as ...
- 09 Nov 2009, 00:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
vj--this is amazing. It definitely looks like her. I'm horrible at genealogy and tracing roots, and I didn't expect to find such amazing help so quickly. Sincerely, I can't thank you enough.
- 09 Nov 2009, 00:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
Wow, vj, thank you so very much! In just a few seconds we have gotten information that we've been searching for forever!
All of these links are incredibly helpful to us. I think hubby and I made the right move coming to this site!
I'll be following through on this ASAP--again, thank you tons!
All of these links are incredibly helpful to us. I think hubby and I made the right move coming to this site!
I'll be following through on this ASAP--again, thank you tons!
- 08 Nov 2009, 23:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
Re: need information about a Giovanni Morone
Thanks very much for this website--though I do not speak or read Italian. Is this a place I should send a form letter to? What we are looking to do, ultimately, is get our Italian passports. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.
edited to add:
duh. I'm being very stupid. I get what to ...
edited to add:
duh. I'm being very stupid. I get what to ...
- 08 Nov 2009, 23:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need information about a Giovanni Morone
- Replies: 29
- Views: 13393
need information about a Giovanni Morone
Americanized to John Morone. He was born in Benevento in 1874. He was married to a woman named Stefanina Simoncini (sp?), who was born in Palermo in 1881.
They came to this country and were married here, in NYC around the turn of the century.
We're trying to find their exact dates of birth, and ...
They came to this country and were married here, in NYC around the turn of the century.
We're trying to find their exact dates of birth, and ...