Search found 266 matches

by Mulé
02 Jan 2012, 20:06
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: documents lost
Replies: 3
Views: 1587

Re: documents lost

After not hearing anything for six months I emailed the consulate. They told me that my documents never arrived at the commune. Fortunately, the consulate has copies and has re-sent them. Any update. I believe my documents have not been received by the comune, sent from Boston as well. Going on 14 ...
by Mulé
03 Sep 2011, 19:38
Topic: documents lost
Replies: 3
Views: 1587

Re: documents lost

Wow! Amazing! I thought these documents are sent in a diplomatic pouch, so SURELY there is a chain of custody and visibility! I would hate to have my packet of information in the wrong hands. Talk about identify theft! That has been my greatest fear, that my documents would have been lost somewhere ...
by Mulé
01 Nov 2010, 17:48
Topic: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
Replies: 71
Views: 39722

Re: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/2

Hopefully this is the last step, besides getting the passport photos ready. I hope to hear word from the consulate or commune in under a year. :) I will follow up with the consulate in January after the holidays just to make sure there aren't any issues. I would hope that they would call/email/write...
by Mulé
01 Nov 2010, 12:35

Thanks. I am counting the days. I hope everything is in order and there are no complications. This has been a very long process for me, and I am glad to be out of the research stage and in the applied/waiting stage. :)
by Mulé
29 Oct 2010, 15:12

I hope it will get somewhere. The application has been submitted, so the only thing I can do now is wait for there to either be an issue, or the arrival of my citizenship letter. :)
by Mulé
29 Oct 2010, 12:42

No appointment, just a walk in. I was not successful requesting an appointment during each prior visit, email, or phone message left. Seemed there always was an issue with a document. Like providing the A2 application for non-blood line family members and such. But I provided everything they asked, ...
by Mulé
28 Oct 2010, 18:38
Topic: Anyone ever seek an appointment with the consul general?
Replies: 19
Views: 6888

Re: Anyone ever seek an appointment with the consul general?

I didn't have to resort to seeking an appointment with the consul general. I was permitted to file an application today.
by Mulé
28 Oct 2010, 18:35

Re: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted

I had placed calls and emails a couple times this month without a response. So today I drove to the consulate for a response. I arrived shortly after 10am, it would have been 9:30 but there was some traffic. I started out shortly after 8am. There were already 2 people ahead of me in line when I walk...
by Mulé
23 Oct 2010, 13:07

Very good idea. I think I might head down there next week to give the official one last chance. I will prepare a letter and bring it with me, should there be no resolution, I will submit it seeking an appointment or some resolution. Thanks
by Mulé
22 Oct 2010, 23:45

Yeah, I can't find airfare for less than $1k. :( I could be wrong, but from what I heard, you just need to be preset for the establishing residency part, then you can assign power of attorney and they can follow the process up until completion on your behalf. But then you would miss out on all that ...
by Mulé
22 Oct 2010, 18:51

Yeah it is crazy. Why don't they hire more staff to handle the demand? I guess they don't want to open up the flood gate to allow more people to become recognized. I guess you could always go to Italy and file for residency, then apply for citizenship. From what I understand, the process can start i...
by Mulé
22 Oct 2010, 18:23

You are the only other person I have heard of that is getting the brush off. I have found new strength in numbers. :) Why are you being brushed off? Is it just because Philly is booked so far into the future? I have not yet tried to email the consul general in Boston. Is that considered an official ...
by Mulé
22 Oct 2010, 17:19

I have been unsuccessful in getting an appointment with the citizenship office. I have been unsuccessful in getting a response from the citizenship office. I have supplied every document requested, no matter how inconsequential and off the beaten path (i.e. the Alien Registration application form fo...