Search found 13 matches

by bware752
25 May 2013, 15:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames: Caputo, Corviero in Modugno, Bari, Italy
Replies: 9
Views: 3921

Re: Surnames: Caputo, Corviero in Modugno, Bari, Italy

Marty, You are amazing. With the information you linked, we have taken the family back three generations, filled in some the the maternal line and added some siblings. Some of the records are hard to read for someone who only knows the basic Italy words in nati and matrimoni records. Thank you for s...
by bware752
24 May 2013, 07:17

Thank you, thank you! What you provided is amazing. Not only the information on the Caputo and related family members, but also links which allowed me to follow-up on Carlo Caputo's brother Tommaso and his son (also named Pietro), through Antenati, Gli Archivi per la Ricerca Anagrafica website. Than...
by bware752
23 May 2013, 18:25
Topic: Vincenzo Giacomo Loiacono b.1890 in Modugno, Bari, Puglia
Replies: 27
Views: 10774

Re: Vincenzo Giacomo Loiacono b.1890 in Modugno, Bari, Pugli

I have just located with birth record of Pietro Caputo born 1896 in Modugno, Bari, whose mother is Rosa Loiacono, born about 1876. Could she be the aunt of Vincenzo Giacomo Loiancono? Her husband, Carlo Caputo, and later their son, Peter, immigrated to Chicago between 1906 and 1912. At various times...
by bware752
23 May 2013, 17:55
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Birth Record - Caputo in Modugno, Bari, Italy
Replies: 3
Views: 1278

Birth Record - Caputo in Modugno, Bari, Italy

Can anyone translate the 3rd and 4th lines, information about the official, on this birth record? And line 11 about the mother.
Line 10 - of Rosa Lipoacono, his wife, peasant
Line 11 - __________ years twenty
Atti Di Nascit for Pietro Caputo, 1896
Atti Di Nascit for Pietro Caputo, 1896
2013-05-22_20-08-08_773.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1278 times
by bware752
23 May 2013, 17:44

We got a better copy of the image and I have just about translated it. It turns out that Corvieso was Auralio Corvieso, one of the witnesses. The mother is Rosa Loiacono. For others who might be connected. This document was issued in 1896. Other names include Giovaneis Ilarzi Sagrestano, who was the...
by bware752
18 May 2013, 07:20

Thank you for the suggestion. I thought about this, but the mother's surname does not have any letters that look like "t" or "d".
by bware752
17 May 2013, 06:09

Surnames: Caputo, Corviero in Modugno, Bari, Italy

We have been researching Carlo and Pietro Caputo, father and son, who immigrated to U.S. between 1905 and 1912 from Modugno, Bari. It looks like Pietro (Peter in the U.S.) mother's last name looks like Carviero, but the image of the Atti di Nascit that was made from the computer screen is missing pa...
by bware752
22 Feb 2011, 14:41
Topic: Valenti, Tassone, Donato, Roti - Simbario, Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 7238

Re: Valenti, Tassone, Donato, Roti - Simbario, Italy

We had a wonderful time in Simbario and Spadola. I took a number of photographs in the cemeteries there. I've posted those on Findagrave.com. These include individuals named Tassone, Valente, Carello, Roti, and a few others. It is a little difficult to find the foreign postings, so here are the URLs...
by bware752
04 Aug 2010, 18:16

Re: Valenti, Tassone, Donato, Roti - Simbario, Italy

Thank you for the links. I have put together a list of those with surnames in Simbario and surrounding area to contact. Also appreciate the form letter.
by bware752
29 Jul 2010, 16:31
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Simbario, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy
Replies: 2
Views: 3824

Simbario, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy

We will be traveling to southern Italy this fall. Where would be the best places to search for civil registrations and census records for individuals from Simbario, Catanzaro (now Vibo Valentia), Calabria, Italy? Some of the family immigrated to the U.S. around 1910. The rest of the family stayed in...
by bware752
29 Jul 2010, 16:11

Valenti, Tassone, Donato, Roti - Simbario, Italy

We are searching for information about the following individuals who we believe were located in Simbario, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy. We are traveling to the area in October and would like to find records and perhaps related family members. Francesco Valente (1866 - 1936) married Rosa Tassone (1863 ...