Search found 11 matches

by momsrule
20 Jan 2010, 22:43
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation from Italian to English
Replies: 3
Views: 5311

Re: Translation from Italian to English

Thank you so much !!

I'm so sorry they were so small, before I post anymore I will figure out how to make them bigger.

I'm off to hunt a nephew/grandson now ... Thank you again so much :)
by momsrule
20 Jan 2010, 02:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation from Italian to English
Replies: 3
Views: 5311

Translation from Italian to English

Hi... I was sent some pictures from a relative that she found in a box. A few of them have some writing on the back of them and I was hoping to see if someone could translate for me. I'll try adding as a attachment and also tried to load them into my photobucket.
Thanks in advance (and hopefully the ...
by momsrule
16 Jan 2010, 05:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

I just noticed the last name was different, I was searching for a Coltellaro this whole time.. no wonder I never found anything.

I wish I would of found this site when I started doing this to begin with, seriously you guys are great.

Thank you SOOO much for finding that census Vj.

The Francesco I ...
by momsrule
16 Jan 2010, 03:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

Yes, she remarried to a Anton Coltellaro from what I was told and had a Joseph, Louis and a Frank. I haven't been able to find anything on this yet.

The only thing I have so far is my GG declaration but it doesn't say anything about parents names on it.

I tried to call the Family center today to ...
by momsrule
15 Jan 2010, 03:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

Tessa- You rock. I'll call them in the morning :)
by momsrule
15 Jan 2010, 02:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

OH wow, thats a huge help. Do you know anything on how to look up death records in Italy by chance?
by momsrule
15 Jan 2010, 01:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

Thank you so much, so they were actually from Tursi ? I was always told Curdinga.

Now I will have to start searching in Tursi.

Thanks again !
by momsrule
15 Jan 2010, 01:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

These were her children (not sure who came when)
Philomena Lauria
Willamina Lauria
Delores Lauria
Alfonsia Lauria dob 7/10/1885
Angelina Lauria dob 3/7/1887
Vincent Lauria
Anthony Lauria
Filicetta Lauria dob 4/18/1894
Antonette Lauria
Bettina Lauria- dob 11/7/1895

all of them were born in Curinga I ...
by momsrule
15 Jan 2010, 01:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

So sorry, I asked that it send me updates if someone replies but it didn't and I decided to come back and check.

That would be her Ellis Island records, she came over with a couple of her daughers.

The other daughter Angelina (my g grandma) came over with the rest of the kids after the father died ...
by momsrule
14 Jan 2010, 22:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Re: Searching for my great grandparents

She lived in Pennsylvania.

What doesn't make sense to me is all her children have the last name Lauria, but the elders in the family tell me that was her maiden name, unless its common that they changed the last name when they came to USA ?
by momsrule
14 Jan 2010, 22:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for my great grandparents
Replies: 43
Views: 25049

Searching for my great grandparents

Hi.. I was hoping someone could give me some help on where to start searching for records in Italy.

This is all I know:
My GG came from Curinga, her name was Eleanor Lauria dob 1863, married a man Andrew Delazandro, Delasandra or Dellasanda.
She came over to USA in 1899 with some of her children ...