Search found 8 matches
- 23 Jan 2010, 11:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Re: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
I would never have thought of Isolina. Maddalena is good too. Thanks.
- 22 Jan 2010, 20:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Re: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
Thanks Johnnyonthespot. Luckily, even these derivatives should be pretty rare in and around London in the 1900-1960 era.
The other confusion is what the first names become in London, on censuses etc: eg Vincenzo -> Vince is pretty easy, but Deggio -> ??? Or vice versa. I have another non-Giapetti ...
The other confusion is what the first names become in London, on censuses etc: eg Vincenzo -> Vince is pretty easy, but Deggio -> ??? Or vice versa. I have another non-Giapetti ...
- 22 Jan 2010, 16:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Re: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
Thanks JohnnyOnTheSpot - I had never seen that website, or considered that alternative spelling. So now, I'm only looking for Giapetti, Giapelli, Gepetti, Graselli and Grasselli... I'll be including Rossi soon ;o)
Thanks for all your leads everyone, you've been great!
Thanks for all your leads everyone, you've been great!
- 22 Jan 2010, 11:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Re: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
Thanks very much Suanj!!! Charlie Giapetti in this location, this kind of shop trade and around this time, sounds a very promising link. I never knew it was a Tuscan-sounding surname either. Thanks
)))
- 21 Jan 2010, 14:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Re: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
Thanks Suanj.
It does seem that either FreeBMD is incomplete/erroneous with these names or that certain members of the Giapetti family came and went on the census and/or were born overseas.
I have one other slight lead that just came to light. There was some sort of court case - a child maintenance ...
It does seem that either FreeBMD is incomplete/erroneous with these names or that certain members of the Giapetti family came and went on the census and/or were born overseas.
I have one other slight lead that just came to light. There was some sort of court case - a child maintenance ...
- 21 Jan 2010, 09:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Re: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
Thanks for your help VJ. That was a quick response!
It's difficult to know what to make of these answers... they don't really tie in with anything I know about. I was rather hoping for some mention perhaps of Islington or Clerkenwell, or the shop in Hackney perhaps becoming another shop somewhere ...
It's difficult to know what to make of these answers... they don't really tie in with anything I know about. I was rather hoping for some mention perhaps of Islington or Clerkenwell, or the shop in Hackney perhaps becoming another shop somewhere ...
- 20 Jan 2010, 15:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation from Italian to English
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5313
Re: Translation from Italian to English
Hello there,
Wow, these are difficult to read! I can make out a few bits, so I'll start the ball rolling and maybe someone else will join in. The scans are rather small, which makes the 3rd one too difficult to read.
1st) says "ho scritto una lettera perche" = "I have written a letter because" then ...
Wow, these are difficult to read! I can make out a few bits, so I'll start the ball rolling and maybe someone else will join in. The scans are rather small, which makes the 3rd one too difficult to read.
1st) says "ho scritto una lettera perche" = "I have written a letter because" then ...
- 20 Jan 2010, 15:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8528
Giapetti family, London area, 1930s-1940s
Hello all,
I'm trying to find any reference to the Giapetti family in London, more especially Vince Giapetti who was in London in the 1930s-40s (possibly longer). The family was believed to have a shop, some sort of grocers or greengrocers in Morning Lane in Homerton/Hackney .
I searched FreeBMD ...
I'm trying to find any reference to the Giapetti family in London, more especially Vince Giapetti who was in London in the 1930s-40s (possibly longer). The family was believed to have a shop, some sort of grocers or greengrocers in Morning Lane in Homerton/Hackney .
I searched FreeBMD ...