Search found 9 matches

by momiecat
03 Feb 2010, 04:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: CRISTIANO, Pietro, Pasquale, Angela, Mary/Maria
Replies: 18
Views: 12477

Re: CRISTIANO, Pietro, Pasquale, Angela, Mary/Maria

My goodness you are fantastic. You are really good at what you do. I want to contact you about your fees for further research. I can't thank you enough. I only wish my father was still here to share in these revelations. Mille grazie!
by momiecat
02 Feb 2010, 03:58

Wow, are you good! Mille grazie. Tante grazie. How can I repay you? Rosina was my grandmother. She was married to Pietro. Pasquale was her brother-in-law. When my grandmother was living, she told the family that Pietro died of pneumonia, which she probably had to say because of omerta. I don't know ...
by momiecat
01 Feb 2010, 14:09

Do you know where the Wellsboro Agitator newspaper originated? If this was in 1912, that means that Pasquale was out of jail by 1912, since he was listed on the 1910 census as being in jail. I looked at the LDS Mormon website for a Bruno Morrone/Marrone and so far could not find who he was married t...
by momiecat
01 Feb 2010, 13:58

I took another look at the manifest on the Princess Irene for Pasquale Cristiano above and it looks to me that his age on arrival was 24 instead of 26. That would make him being born about 1881 which seems more in line with some of the other information you have found.
by momiecat
01 Feb 2010, 13:43

If the above is correct, that Pasquale was born on April 17, then it is pretty tragic that his brother, Pietro died on his brother's birthday, April 17.
by momiecat
01 Feb 2010, 13:38

Thank you again, so much. This really helps me get a clearer picture of things. I don't doubt that he was in prison. I think he was part of Lo or Il Mano Nero, unfortunately. I think my grandfather avenged his brother's death and was sent to Leavenworth, Kansas for a time. I wish I had access to new...
by momiecat
01 Feb 2010, 05:44

I found some more information: In addition to Pietro, Pasquale and Angela, there were 3 more sisters named Pipinella (not sure if this is a nickname), Josefina and Rose. Mother I think was Maria Acri and father may have been a Vincenzo Cristiano. Rose came to America but I am not sure about the othe...
by momiecat
01 Feb 2010, 05:19

Thank you very much for all the information. From the cemetery headstone at Union Cemetery in Arnold, PA, the date of birth for Pietro Cristiano is January 31, 1889. He was living in Youngstown, Ohio in 1918 before he was murdered on April 17, 1918. This really makes me curious about the WWI draft r...
by momiecat
31 Jan 2010, 19:24

CRISTIANO, Pietro, Pasquale, Angela, Mary/Maria

I am looking for information on the CRISTIANO surname. Pietro b. abt. 1889 I think in Cosenza, Calabria Italy Pasquale b. before 1889 in Cosenza Angela b. before 1900 probably between 1880 and 1900 in Cosenza Above are brothers and sister. Mary/Maria is daughter of Pietro CRISTIANO and Rosa LOCANTO ...