Search found 210 matches

by lcafarel
11 Dec 2018, 21:38
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Very Surprising Results
Replies: 17
Views: 10175

Re: Very Surprising Results

Many people take a DNA test to see their ethnicity results and don't realize that every company will show different results and results from individual companies will change over time. This is because when a testing company like Ancestry or third-party site like GEDmatch provides ethnicity results, ...
by lcafarel
22 Jun 2016, 00:07
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage index entry
Replies: 9
Views: 2311

Re: Marriage index entry

That's very interesting, Angela Grace. I've seen long names with commas between each portion, but the portions were single words. Rosa Maria must have been named after at least three people with these double names.

I'll post a larger image or two soon.
by lcafarel
21 Jun 2016, 20:48

I wondered about Anna, too, or even a second Maria, but that would be puzzling. I agree, I need the actual record. In the meantime, I'll look through the index again to see if there might be another candidate.

Thanks for your input.
by lcafarel
19 Jun 2016, 15:44

The image is not online. This is a screenshot from a photo I took of the Indice Decennale. I'm attaching two more versions, both sharpened a few times and one negative image. Unfortunately, the word after Angela is smudged. I'm looking for a marriage, probably in Ferrandina, for a young woman baptiz...
by lcafarel
19 Jun 2016, 08:30

Marriage index entry

Can anyone make out the words between "Cafarelli Maria Angela" and "Nubile" in the entry for Michele LoSquadro's bride, record #62, in this index from Ferrandina (MT)?
by lcafarel
05 Jan 2016, 08:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Civil Records for Baiano and Sirignano, Avellino
Replies: 2
Views: 1558

Civil Records for Baiano and Sirignano, Avellino

Can anyone tell me whether records for Baiano and Sirignano are included under another comune in the record collection "Italy, Avellino, Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Civil Registration (Tribunale), 1866-1910" online on FamilySearch.org? I rather doubt it, but thought I should ask. Thanks. Les...
by lcafarel
19 May 2014, 01:14
Topic: DNA Testing
Replies: 58
Views: 84729

Re: DNA Testing

I agree with bottino about FTDNA. That's the company I've used for myself, my husband, and an older cousin who agreed to let me test his Y-DNA, since he's the only one left on my father's paternal line. I don't even really know him, but he's my dad's first cousin (my dad is deceased), and another co...
by lcafarel
18 May 2014, 18:43

The percent breakdown can change slightly as more people are tested and therefore the database used to determine and describe results changes. I also understand that the description of ethnic breakdown varies with the company doing the testing, so FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe might give somewhat differ...
by lcafarel
15 May 2014, 16:01
Topic: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!
Replies: 38
Views: 15586

Re: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!

The town official in Accettura is unusually responsive to email requests for information and typically replies within a couple weeks. I've had no such luck with any other town.

Lesley
by lcafarel
15 May 2014, 01:24
Topic: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!
Replies: 38
Views: 15586

Re: Excited - heard from Accettura Italy!

Maria, I just now saw your last post from January. I have a research colleague's indexing spreadsheet showing a marriage of Giuliana Rosa Brandi, 21, daughter of Gennaro and Maria Piezza, to Vincenzo Sansone, 30, son of Vito and Maria G. (Giuseppa? Grazia?) Domino on 28 October 1867. The record numb...
by lcafarel
29 Apr 2014, 21:11
Topic: Occupation help -- barlecina?
Replies: 2
Views: 1109

Occupation help -- barlecina?

Can someone tell me what the occupation of Angela Ragone is in this document image?
by lcafarel
28 Apr 2014, 17:43

Ordered a SNP test of PF3296 for my husband Nick based on the recommendation of his G Haplogroup subgroup project coordinator. (FTDNA has a sale on currently.) Nick has already been assigned to subgroup M201 based on previous testing.

Lesley
by lcafarel
15 Apr 2014, 22:33

Paul, you're fortunate to have taken your line so far back. I've taken my husband Nick's Italian lines (one Italian grandparent) back as far as I can go with civil records and am working now on collateral lines, studying family migrations, etc. After getting Nick's Y-DNA done (Haplogroup G--pretty r...