Search found 8 matches

by chelssavoy
23 Apr 2010, 03:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Help reading manifest please
Replies: 6
Views: 3438

Help reading manifest please

My ggmother Argene Ciampi is listed on the ellis island website. I can't make out who the relative she was meeting when she arrived. I believe it says her father ? Valentino. Can't make out the first name or what written just under that. Anyones help would be great!
Thanks
by chelssavoy
20 Apr 2010, 05:29
Topic: Numbers on Manifest
Views: 3910

Re: Numbers on Manifest

I actually have the original naturalization document. What info could I use from it to continue my search? I know it has an address on it. How could I use that to find more info?
by chelssavoy
20 Apr 2010, 04:01
Topic: Numbers on Manifest
Views: 3910

Numbers on Manifest

On the manifest, from Ellis Island, just above my grandfather's name (Barbarino Scavuzza) there are some numbers. What are these numbers? Are they from when he had his name changed? And will these numbers help me in my search for more information? Also "alias" is written before his name on...
by chelssavoy
20 Apr 2010, 02:34
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Knights of Columbus
Replies: 2
Views: 2756

Knights of Columbus

My grandfather was a member of the Knights of Columbus. I checked out their website but really couldn't find any information on members. I'm just wondering if they would have any important information that would help me. If you are a member of the Knights of Columbus or have any suggestions on how t...
by chelssavoy
18 Apr 2010, 10:20
Topic: Who traveled with my three y/o grandpa?
Replies: 13
Views: 4996

Re: Who traveled with my three y/o grandpa?

Wow, i'm so impressed. I guess that is my ggmother. How exciting. She was born in 1891 so that would make her 25 when she arrived. Why didn't she use her married name? I didn't realize that was her real name. I only knew her as grandma Rose. But the problem is I still can't find anymore info on her ...
by chelssavoy
18 Apr 2010, 06:10

Re: Who traveled with my three y/o grandpa?

Thanks for the replys. So, I know that my ggfather's name was Andrew. Could this be the American name for Andrea? If so, I can't find any records of when he arrived in the US. And if I understand the post right, Crocifiesa Castelli could have been my ggmother? I know that my ggparents were married a...
by chelssavoy
18 Apr 2010, 01:54

Who traveled with my three y/o grandpa?

I found my grandfather (Barbarino Scavuzza) and his brother (Anthony Scavuzza) at ellisisland.org but who traveled with them? There is a female listed with them on the manifest but I am having trouble reading the name. Can anyone help? Any info from the manifest would help.

Chelsea