Search found 7 matches

by Saviane
11 Oct 2010, 22:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Chiavari Birth certificate
Replies: 5
Views: 2819

Re: Chiavari Birth certificate

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reach the church in the week end. in fact I need a car to drive there... But I will try to do it ASAP!
Ste
by Saviane
07 Oct 2010, 20:09
Topic: Chiavari Birth certificate
Views: 2819

Re: Chiavari Birth certificate

I live 10km from Chiavari.
I'll print the doc you already have and try to talk to the priest this week end to see if he finds the record.
The only thing you need is a stamp by the Curia? I'll ask him for explainations!
Hope to help you
Ste
by Saviane
13 Aug 2010, 16:03
Topic: Is it now over? - why am I unable to find these people?
Replies: 9
Views: 4769

Re: Is it now over? - why am I unable to find these people?

The baptismal act is in Latin, so the name is Joseph, but he was Giuseppe, son of Bernardo and of Anna Maria Locascio. He never used is Latin name while in Italy! Every official act would state him as Giuseppe. The southern part of Italy as Civil Acts starting earlier, so you could just write to the...
by Saviane
13 Aug 2010, 15:43
Topic: question about liste di leva
Views: 3992

Re: question about liste di leva

Hi! I'm from Genova, Italy The answer you got is probably from the Archivio Storico of Genova. They probably tried to look for the name of your ancestor in the records they have. If Giovanni Abba was born after 1866 in Genova, then you have to write to the "Ufficio di Stato Civile" of the ...
by Saviane
08 Apr 2010, 22:54
Topic: Help Reading this manifest
Replies: 28
Views: 12594

Re: Help Reading this manifest

uantiti wrote:Hi,
the father's first name is clearly Agostino and surname looks "Tifabene" but this name doesn't exist in Italy now, it could have been mispelled.

The step brother's first name is Arduino and surname could be Lentini.

Ada
I agree with Ada.
by Saviane
08 Apr 2010, 22:25
Topic: Help with an Italian name
Replies: 14
Views: 6151

Re: Help with an Italian name

Only remember the census page says that: Lavigia is a male, and brother to the head of the family. Don't think of Luigia as a girl! I also think Luigi is a good guess of a bad spelling... but above there is a Louis, so why not here? May be you should try to go back to the Italian records, or to a la...
by Saviane
08 Apr 2010, 22:02
Topic: scalese
Replies: 10
Views: 7629

Re: scalese

I tried to find your surnames on the site gens.labo.net It appears that both surnames are from the south of Italy (forget the area around Torino, beause it shows only that there were a lot of immigrants going to work there). Cuccurullo is mainly from the area arond Naples, whereas Scalese families a...