Search found 8 matches
- 16 Mar 2011, 18:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Surname
- Replies: 1
- Views: 972
Surname
Does anyone know what Italian surname "Joseph" in English would be derived from?
- 27 Jan 2011, 19:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Re: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
Everyone says that research is frustrating time-consuming and they are SO right. I thought that I had gotten as much information from the elders in my family as possible. I asked my mom and aunts time and time again if they could remember any more information or dates and they said no. My mom ...
- 18 May 2010, 15:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Re: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
Not having any luck at all with Grandpa DeLuca.
Any suggestions if one can't locate info through Ellis Island?
Any suggestions if one can't locate info through Ellis Island?
- 11 May 2010, 14:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Re: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
I can't seem to locate Grandpa or Grandma DeLuca's records from Ellis Island. I think Grandpa came over in 1911, but no luck with records. Grandma DeLuca was born in 1900 and came over with her father Lorenzo Scannielli(o) and her brother but can't find that either. I don't know what year she ...
- 24 Apr 2010, 21:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Re: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
I know that Grandpa DeLuca was born in Abruzzo, Italy. On one of his documents, it lists his birthplace as "Balanda". I cannot locate such a place. Has anyone heard of it?
It looks like he signed the card but it was most likely filled out by someone else? Perhaps with Grandpa's accent, it was what ...
It looks like he signed the card but it was most likely filled out by someone else? Perhaps with Grandpa's accent, it was what ...
- 10 Apr 2010, 00:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Re: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
"Please let us know if you're missing any US records, we'd be happy to help you look." Valarie
Again, perhaps you can direct me to the best source to find this info.
I don't really have much documentation. I know that Grandpa and Grandma DeLuca were married in Elizabeth, NJ approx. 1920. Is it ...
Again, perhaps you can direct me to the best source to find this info.
I don't really have much documentation. I know that Grandpa and Grandma DeLuca were married in Elizabeth, NJ approx. 1920. Is it ...
- 09 Apr 2010, 19:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Re: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
Thank you so much, Valarie!
The census information matches Grandpa perfectly....names of children, employer, age when married, etc. The registration card matches birth date and the address when my 88 year old aunt lives to this day. The only difference on both is that my grandmother's name was ...
The census information matches Grandpa perfectly....names of children, employer, age when married, etc. The registration card matches birth date and the address when my 88 year old aunt lives to this day. The only difference on both is that my grandmother's name was ...
- 09 Apr 2010, 17:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12427
Perrotti/DeLuca/Scannielli/Travisano
I am attempting to trace both sides of the family, but my initial attempts have not been very fruitful. Older relatives are trying to locate any documentation they may have, but that might take a while. Here's what I do know:Paternal: Francisco Perrotti born in Vallata, Italy 10/17/1888. Died in ...