Hi Valarie,
Wow - fantastic!
Sounds like it will take some time, but an excellent path! Thank you so much for the material and references!
Wish me luck!
--
Ron
Thanks for the feedback. The information below matches with what I have - I had an account with Family Tree Maker for awhile and was able to gather some of that information (as well as a login on the Ellis Island site). I 'think' I've gone about as far as I can go with the US ...
Hello, I've been searching through the forums and haven't found any hints, so I figured I would post and see if someone could maybe throw me a line...
I've gotten as far as the family coming to New York from Sicily but don't seem to be able to get much further, here's what I have thus far: Michael ...
Italians have a long and deep-rooted tradition of beliefs about luck and things that give either good or bad luck. In Italy there are colloquial names for bad luck. Think of:"sfiga" or "jella" (read it as "yella), but the most scary thing for millions of Italians is "Il Malocchio", which translate ...