Search found 1541 matches

by rp76226
Yesterday, 17:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Puma Family from Racalmuto in Agrigento, Sicily
Replies: 13
Views: 4999

Re: Puma Family from Racalmuto in Agrigento, Sicily

I had a first cousin Thomas Craig Puma born January 12, 1956 and died February 28, 2011. He was married to Donna Faye Jones and they had a son Nicholas Craig Puma born January 31, 1984 whom I've never met. Is that you?

Ron Puma
by rp76226
25 Jan 2021, 00:11
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Contacting Family Tree Owners on Ancestry.com
Replies: 2
Views: 227

Re: Contacting Family Tree Owners on Ancestry.com

Yes. However, if a paid subscriber contacts you, then you can reply back to them even though you are an unpaid subscriber.
by rp76226
20 Jan 2021, 21:41
Topic: Same Bride and Groom - Different Parents
Replies: 3
Views: 133

Re: Same Bride and Groom - Different Parents

Not only the groom's mother's maiden name is different, but also the bride's mother's maiden name is different.

The town is Racalmuto in Agrigento, Sicily. Unfortunately, the civil records for the year 1848 are missing.
by rp76226
20 Jan 2021, 19:13
Topic: Same Bride and Groom - Different Parents
Views: 133

Same Bride and Groom - Different Parents

I have two church records for the marriage of Angela di Puma and Francesco Lo Sardo that are only one day apart. In both cases, the fathers have the same names, but the mothers have different names. That seems very unusual. Are they really the same marriage, not two different marriages? See the link...
by rp76226
16 Jan 2021, 18:24
Topic: Dati di nascita e morte di Pietro Puma
Views: 211

Re: Dati di nascita e morte di Pietro Puma

Giuseppe, we've corresponded by email a couple of times in the past. You and your family are on my Tree in Ancestry.com. I have the parents, grandparents, and great grandparents of Pietro Puma married to Marianna Agnello on my tree with many supporting documents. Do you have a Tree on Ancestry.com? ...
by rp76226
14 Jan 2021, 16:55
Topic: Italian Parish Records
Views: 388

Re: Italian Parish Records

Yes, thanks. that link and the link below Suzanne Greco's name give access to the records by going to the links on the top black horizontal bar on the top of the screen to gain access to the available records.

https://www.italianparishrecords.org/
by rp76226
12 Jan 2021, 22:52
Topic: Italian Parish Records
Views: 388

Italian Parish Records

This is a relatively new group that has church records that might provide some help for genealogy research. Here is the email I received. 2020 has been a fabulous year for Italian Parish Records. Your donations of digitized parish records, indexed civil records, and indexed parish records has been a...
by rp76226
04 Jan 2021, 09:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Record Translation
Views: 114

Marriage Record Translation

Please translate the key facts for the marriage record (# 7) for Giuseppe Volo and Filomena Puma, especially their parents.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
by rp76226
03 Jan 2021, 15:06
Topic: Archdiocese of Agrigento to open up Church Records
Replies: 1
Views: 138

Archdiocese of Agrigento to open up Church Records

Saw this on Facebook on another Italian Genealogy site: The Diocese of Agrigento (located in Sicily) announces they are opening a new research center for their records. You can follow their page for further information. An important place for the city of Agrigento, the library of Redeeming Fathers, ...
by rp76226
30 Dec 2020, 18:58
Topic: Looking for good, free Excel to JPEG Converter
Views: 254

Looking for good, free Excel to JPEG Converter

I create Word and Excel documents of genealogy family relationships. I already have a good, free Word to JPEG converter. I tried Zamzar for Excel to JPEG conversion but it made the photo so narrow that it was unreadable. I want to be able to do multi-page documents and multiple documents in one inpu...
by rp76226
28 Dec 2020, 15:35
Topic: Atti di morti del 1861 a Racalmuto (AG)
Replies: 1
Views: 84

Re: Atti di morti del 1861 a Racalmuto (AG)

Racalmuto has no birth, marriage, nor death certificates for the years 1847-1850 and 1861-1862. Apparently, they have been lost over time.

Racalmuto non ha certificati di nascita, matrimonio o morte per gli anni 1847-1850 e 1861-1862. A quanto pare, sono andati persi nel tempo.

Ron
by rp76226
26 Dec 2020, 03:40
Topic: Find Ellis Island Tourist Record
Views: 181

Find Ellis Island Tourist Record

In 1955, my grandmother, Mariantonia Lorusso (maiden name Fariello), after over 30 years in the US went back to visit Italy via a ship (think the Constitution) and the relatives she left there. Days later, my grandfather, Evangelista Lorusso, lonely for his wife also departed by ship to meet up with...