Search found 1455 matches

by rp76226
30 Jun 2020, 18:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Find the Italian Marriage Document
Replies: 15
Views: 352

Re: Find the Italian Marriage Document

Thank you. That clears up a lot and gives new information. I do have one question. On the birth certificate of Palma Rosa Cordi, the name/spelling of the father is unclear to me. Can you make it out? It doesn't look like Francesco Fortunato Cordi that was in her parents marriage document.

Ron
by rp76226
28 Jun 2020, 20:01

Francesca Paola Costanza is the sister of Salvatore Costanza. It seams that you are trying to blood relate a Borgese directly to a Cascio-Trabunella marriage, which can't be.
by rp76226
28 Jun 2020, 16:52

Thanks for all your work on this. Not everything is solveable in ancestry research.

Ron
by rp76226
28 Jun 2020, 10:30

The Giuseppe Borgese who emigrated here in 1911 was single, and later married Rosalia Cordi and had children in the US, not Italy. He was going to meet his brother Salvatore, which is the first and only time I heard of his brother. I've not found anything else on Salvatore Borgese. Per the immigrati...
by rp76226
28 Jun 2020, 04:54

I don't have any Italian records for Giuseppe Borgese where he emigrated from, just later American records. The original information I have of him , his wife, and children, was from my late father who got it from other family members (mostly his cousins, some descended from this marriage). Giuseppe ...
by rp76226
28 Jun 2020, 02:10

You've found cousins, not siblings. I have that one on my Tree. Different parents for each. My Giuseppe Borgese in this search married a different person, Rosalia Cordi (1898-1991), and they had children and grandchildren in the US.
by rp76226
28 Jun 2020, 02:08

You've found cousins, not siblings. I have that one on my Tree. Different parents for each. My Giuseppe Borgese in this search married a different person, Rosalia Cordi (1898-1991), and they had children and grandchildren in the US.
by rp76226
27 Jun 2020, 21:38

Find the Italian Marriage Document

Here is a link to the Ellis Island record of Giuseppe Borgese (Line25/205). https://libertyellisfoundation.org/show-manifest-big-image/czoxNzoidDcxNS0xNjU3MDg4NC5qcGciOw==/1 Per this record, his father was Giovanni Borgese and they came from Polizzi Generosa, Palermo, Sicily. Per records my late fat...
by rp76226
26 Jun 2020, 04:13
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Translation
Replies: 8
Views: 216

Re: Marriage Translation

Thank you so very much for all your work. I originally had a longer reply, but as happens so often on this website, if you take "too long" to reply and hit Submit, you lose the reply. Sometimes you can hit the browser back arrow and get it back, but not always. Though I've asked, I never have gotten...
by rp76226
25 Jun 2020, 16:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Marriage Translation
Replies: 8
Views: 216

Re: Marriage Translation

Thank you. Wow - 10 pages of related documents from Image 511 to image 520. I saw death records for ancestors of the bride and groom, but nothing that gave me the grandparents of the groom which is what I have been searching for. They did have records that gave me the grandparents of the bride, but ...
by rp76226
21 Jun 2020, 17:29
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Words Indicating Location?
Replies: 11
Views: 276

Re: Words Indicating Location?

My wife's 91 year old cousin, who is also into Genealogy, called me to explain. Just as I did in the 1950s and 1960s, she heard it often as the men in her family played cards when she was growing up in the 1930s and 1940s. According to her (and she speaks and understands Italian), it was said as a f...