Search found 980 matches

by rp76226
Yesterday, 01:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Notification won't delete
Replies: 0
Views: 33

Notification won't delete

The other day I received two notifications from this website. I read them both, but my notifications remain as 1, with no new notifications since. I've gone back several times, but still can't get rid of notification number of 1. How do I get rid of it?
by rp76226
08 Feb 2018, 04:46
Topic: First Names
Replies: 5
Views: 122

First Names

Is it Alfonso or Alfonzo for Italian boy name? Girl - Alfonsa or Alfonza?
by rp76226
07 Feb 2018, 03:38
Topic: List of good sites to search for genealogy records?
Replies: 4
Views: 233

Re: List of good sites to search for genealogy records?

Here is a link with some good websites for Italian Genealogy - http://www.altreitalie.org/le_migrazioni_italiane_in_rete/genealogy/genealogy.kl Here is another link with websites with explanations, some of them the same as above - https://pumafamily.smugmug.com/Help-Guide-Multiple-Topics/Free-Helpfu...
by rp76226
04 Feb 2018, 18:57
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Mother and son ages seem impossible
Replies: 14
Views: 408

Re: Mother and son ages seem impossible

Thank you. My father always said our name translated to apple. I didn't realize that there were multiple variants of the name.
by rp76226
20 Jan 2018, 04:58
Topic: Trying to find the parents of this couple
Views: 155

Re: Trying to find the parents of this couple

Thanks everyone. I was able to use this information and find the marriage records of the parents.
by rp76226
17 Jan 2018, 22:23
Topic: Trying to find the parents of this couple
Views: 155

Trying to find the parents of this couple

Giuseppe Artuso born about 1890 was married to Maria Morabito. Their first child was born on December 19, 1917 in Gallina, Reggio di Calabria, Calabria, Italy. He immigrated to America on May 2, 1925, and the rest of his family immigrated here on October 7, 1929. I don't know the parents of either s...
by rp76226
13 Jan 2018, 21:28
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: The mother is too old to have this child
Replies: 2
Views: 124

Re: The mother is too old to have this child

Perhaps the parents I listed for James Elbert Pope (married to Katherine Blank) are actually the grandparents (given that the maiden name of the mother Janet Pope isn't listed, just her married name). Can anyone find the marriage record of James Elbert Pope to Ada Jeanette Moore? That may solve the ...
by rp76226
11 Jan 2018, 03:59
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: The mother is too old to have this child
Views: 124

The mother is too old to have this child

Trying to verify the true parents of James Elbert Pope and when they were born. Per his 1937 marriage record to Katherine Margaret Blank, James Elbert Pope was 23 years old and therefore born about 1914. His parents were James Elbert Pope and Ada (Jeanette) Moore. That agrees with the information on...
by rp76226
30 Dec 2017, 20:01

I think now you are saying that Vincenzo Alfano was the first wife and that Vincenza Vaccaro was the second wife. Correct? Denaro was a typo on my part; it should have read Vaccaro, the name I had on my family tree.
I agree on age 70 now.
by rp76226
30 Dec 2017, 18:10

First, per the death record of Michelangelo Pomo, it appears that he died at age 80, not 70 as indicated in the marriage record of his daughter. Second, the death record you gave for Vincenza Vaccaro has her married to a Domenico Pomo instead of a Michelangelo Pomo. Therefore, I don't think that she...
by rp76226
30 Dec 2017, 16:47

Great information. Thank you. One more question. The more I look at it, especially the church record which is much clearer, the more it seems to me that the last name is Pomo, not Puma. Agree?

Ron
by rp76226
30 Dec 2017, 03:36

Just fixed that. Thanks. I think I can use help on all the names. handwriting is faded.
by rp76226
30 Dec 2017, 02:44

Mother and son ages seem impossible

Here's the link to the marriage of Calogero Lattuca to Concetta Puma (or is that last name right). It appears that Calogero is 25 and his mother is 36, which would make her 11 years old when he was born. Can't be right. Please review the ages. http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+S...
by rp76226
24 Dec 2017, 16:29
Topic: Translation request - Key data only
Replies: 22
Views: 1090

Re: Translation request - Key data only

Contact information that you requested: Raimondo Lentini Cortile Genova, 3 92016 Ribera (AG) 0925 61010 - 368682045 lentini59@tin.it lentini5259@gmail.com Note - he doesn't speak English. Sometimes he has a helper to translate for him, but most of the time, I utilized Google Translate to communicate...
by rp76226
19 Dec 2017, 18:01
Topic: Caterina Scarola (born Degirolamo)
Views: 73

Re: Caterina Scarola (born Degirolamo)

Do you know when they died and was it in Grumo Appula? Then we could find the death record, get their age at death, and more easily find their birth records. Or if you know the year and age at which they died no matter where it was, the same thing can be done.