Hi again Johnny! Thanks for all your info. You know, the town my great aunt referred to as Ciccano was supposedly located about 40 miles from Rome. So, I'd say there is a good chance that she didn't know how to spell it correctly- don't you think?
I'll check with my cousins and see if they know ...
Johnny- thanks for checking that for me. I had heard the Falsani's "died out" because they mainly had girls, but perhaps that's not the case! I'm usually game for things, so I will try knocking on a couple of doors. Thanks!
PS: which telephone site do you use? could you send me the website or a ...
I'll arrive Saturday afternoon (May 15th) in Rome, and will head to Abruzzo to see birthplace of my grandfather Filippo Rocca. Will also visit the town of Ciccano where my great grandfather Federico Rocca was born. Does anyone have any information on these towns? I have located Vicoli, but am not ...
Hi, I'm new here, and new to genealogy searching. Heading to Abruzzo to see the town of Vicoli where grandpa Filippo Rocca was born in 1900. Also will visit Ciccano, where great grandfather Federico Rocca was born. Looking for any info on remaining Rocca family in Italy. My great grandmother was ...
My mom and dad came from two very different classes of Italian society. Dad's mom came from a very aristocrat family and mom's came from farmers and agricultural workers. When my mom's parents came to the US, they left their oldest son Giovanni in the care of my maternal grandmother's parents. I hea...