Search found 7 matches

by shaunbehr
18 Jul 2010, 17:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Unsure of what to do next..
Replies: 7
Views: 2904

Re: Unsure of what to do next..

Do you know, or have an idea where I may be able to research, if two Italian parents gave birth to a child in Argentina in 1907, would the child be an Argentinian citizen or an Italian citizen?
by shaunbehr
18 Jul 2010, 11:35

Re: Unsure of what to do next..

Unfortunately, the petition and oath reference "the argentine republic". So realistically, am I at a dead end? I kind of held out hope because he lived in Ortona, Italy and immigrated from there, and so much of the Sarchese family came from there/still live there. I was thinking if I could...
by shaunbehr
16 Jul 2010, 13:49

Unsure of what to do next..

I have been able to locate much information on my GGF, through which it appears I would be eligible for Italian dual citizenship since my GM was born before he was naturalized. I have located his passport, ship manifest, application to become a citizen of US, certificate of naturalization, social se...
by shaunbehr
15 May 2010, 18:28
Topic: GGF born in Argentina to Italian parents
Replies: 5
Views: 3942

Re: GGF born in Argentina to Italian parents

Where is the best place to check contact info for the agency you are referring to? His actual birth took place in San Isidro. Is that still considered Buenos Aires for the purpose of contacting for records?
by shaunbehr
15 May 2010, 07:52

Re: GGF born in Argentina to Italian parents

Are there any online databases I can search for Argentinian birth records? I have also seen many different instructions for requesting a copy, many different addresses. I am not sure which is the correct entity or process. It would be best if I could verify it's existence somewhere and then request ...
by shaunbehr
13 May 2010, 11:34

GGF born in Argentina to Italian parents

So I have been starting the legwork of obtaining documents to pursue dual citizenship. My GGF was born in 1907, lived in Ortona, Italy, immigrated to US in 1924, fathered my GM in 1931 and naturalized in 1938. However, my GGGF was apparently working for some indefinite amount of time in Buenos Aires...