Search found 13 matches
- 30 Aug 2010, 18:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Vittoria Belvedere
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2212
Vittoria Belvedere
Does anyone out there have info on one vittoria belvedere who married a grillo in the province of calabria, italy during the late 1800s?
- 04 Jul 2010, 04:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: writing to italy
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1912
writing to italy
what is needed to request info re a request for a birth record from the Commune of Mellicucca`......and do we supply a remittance for a return from the Commune...Need to request a birth record of my great grandfather born of "no uncertain parentage" there.....and of the "adoption" by one Vittoria ...
- 04 Jul 2010, 04:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: translation for "cavaliere" (female"
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5908
Re: translation for "cavaliere" (female"
thanx johnnyon the spot...it may refer to partner....tessy21
- 30 Jun 2010, 00:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: translation for "cavaliere" (female"
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5908
translation for "cavaliere" (female"
I HAVE GOTTEN A DEATH CERTIFICATE FOR ONE OF MY ANCESTORS...ALL IS CORRECT, EXCEPT FOR THEIR LISTING FOR HIS WIFE...INSTEAD OF LISTING HER AS HIS MOGLIE ARCANGELA ABBRUZZESE, SHE IS LISTED AS ARCANGELA CAVALIERE, COULD THIS BE ANOTHER INDICATION OF WHAT SHE WAS?,,,MOST OF THE TIME, THE PEOPLE ARE ...
- 05 Jun 2010, 02:17
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: orphan birth records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3897
Re: orphan birth records
johhnyonthe spot....thanks loads..I do not know if he was truly a foundling or not....all my mom knows that he was raised by a woman named Victoria who raised him as her child before she was married.....tessy21
- 26 May 2010, 22:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Location of Melliccuca, in Calabria, Italy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3354
Re: Location of Melliccuca, in Calabria, Italy
Thank you Peter...I will try the posts you listed...tessy21
- 24 May 2010, 18:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Location of Melliccuca, in Calabria, Italy
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3354
Location of Melliccuca, in Calabria, Italy
Want to find Commune of Melliccuca, and history behind it...Tessy21
- 24 May 2010, 18:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: translation of birth Record of Concetta Invisio
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3244
translation of birth Record of Concetta Invisio
I don't know whose post this is, but I'm new here and I just wanted to help out as best I could...I am not an expert, but I think your record for Concetta reads as such:
The year One Thousand Eight Hundred Eighty Four on the sixteenth day of December, at the hour (no hour or minutes are filled out ...
The year One Thousand Eight Hundred Eighty Four on the sixteenth day of December, at the hour (no hour or minutes are filled out ...
- 24 May 2010, 17:15
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Looking 4 Birth Records / Baptism Records From San Gimignano
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7480
Re: Looking 4 Birth Records / Baptism Records From San Gimig
I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I need to know if the name Amilafade, in Salerno, Italy is the correct name or if it was changed,,any info would be very helpful....also , Melliccucca, in Calabria, Italy, is a monostatic commune...does anyone have info on it...thanks for any help .....
- 24 May 2010, 16:36
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: orphan birth records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3897
orphan birth records
How do you find information on a birth record for orphan ancestor born in Meliccuca, Calabria, Italy and who adopted the child?
- 23 May 2010, 21:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can someone explain first, second, third,removed cousins?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7206
Re: Can someone explain first, second, third,removed cousins
Hi Alicia.....Tessy21
- 22 May 2010, 17:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Why do I keep seeing a trend of different birth dates...
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7736
Re: Why do I keep seeing a trend of different birth dates...
Alicia....the birth certificate you received may be one of a child born prior to your ancestor ...when that child died, they name a subsequent child with the same given name "to carry on the legacy"...when the person who searched the records for you may have just stopped at the first child birthdate ...
- 22 May 2010, 17:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Petition for naturalization
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3823
Re: Petition for naturalization
I believe the important date is the actual day of naturalization. I dont think they go by petition date. Thats the day the process was started but not the official date they became a citizen.
Alicia
Correct. And, specifically, this is the date that the Oath of Allegiance was executed and signed ...
Alicia
Correct. And, specifically, this is the date that the Oath of Allegiance was executed and signed ...