Search found 26 matches
- 20 Oct 2010, 05:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Handwritten Age on Atti di Morte
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2206
Re: Handwritten Age on Atti di Morte
Thanks, I appreciate it !
- 20 Oct 2010, 02:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Handwritten Age on Atti di Morte
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2206
Handwritten Age on Atti di Morte
Could someone please help decipher the age - I think it says
Stefano Margiotta died at age ... [????] ... something ... something
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3275/38984102.gif
Thank you very much !!
Craig
Stefano Margiotta died at age ... [????] ... something ... something
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3275/38984102.gif
Thank you very much !!
Craig
- 30 Sep 2010, 03:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Diversi Document
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2465
Re: Help Translating Diversi Document
WOW ! Quite a little story !
Thank you *very* much - I realize it was a long, hand-written document and, even though I did the best I could getting a clear image, it wasn't the best. So I really appreciate your time.
I guess I won't be researching that branch of my family tree back any further ...
Thank you *very* much - I realize it was a long, hand-written document and, even though I did the best I could getting a clear image, it wasn't the best. So I really appreciate your time.
I guess I won't be researching that branch of my family tree back any further ...
- 30 Sep 2010, 00:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating Diversi Document
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2465
Help Translating Diversi Document
I would very much appreciate help in translating this document - I believe this is the birth or baptism record of my great-grandfather - Stefano Margiotta, born in or near Sciacca. He was an esposito, so he wasn't in the usual Atti di Nascita, but rather in the Diversi.
I'm trying to understand ...
I'm trying to understand ...
- 20 Jul 2010, 01:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FHL Microfilm: Matrimoni vs. Pubblicazioni
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4184
Re: FHL Microfilm: Matrimoni vs. Pubblicazioni
Thanks, everybody ... sounds like a plan !
I'll just have to cool my jets while awaiting the microfilm.
Cheers,
Craig
I'll just have to cool my jets while awaiting the microfilm.
Cheers,
Craig
- 19 Jul 2010, 22:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FHL Microfilm: Matrimoni vs. Pubblicazioni
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4184
Re: FHL Microfilm: Matrimoni vs. Pubblicazioni
Thanks for that film number !
When I look at the Family History Library Catalog page:
"Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910
Sciacca (Agrigento). Ufficio dello stato civile"
I see:
Pubblicazioni 1864-1894 VAULT International Film 2016549
I wonder why I see something different than you ?
If that ...
When I look at the Family History Library Catalog page:
"Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910
Sciacca (Agrigento). Ufficio dello stato civile"
I see:
Pubblicazioni 1864-1894 VAULT International Film 2016549
I wonder why I see something different than you ?
If that ...
- 19 Jul 2010, 21:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: FHL Microfilm: Matrimoni vs. Pubblicazioni
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4184
FHL Microfilm: Matrimoni vs. Pubblicazioni
I am searching for a marriage record from Sciacca, Agrigento, Italy in the 1870's.
I will want to request a reel of microfilm from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
They have some microfilm reels with "matrimoni", but not for the 1870's period.
They do have two reels:
1) Nati 1909-1910 ...
I will want to request a reel of microfilm from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
They have some microfilm reels with "matrimoni", but not for the 1870's period.
They do have two reels:
1) Nati 1909-1910 ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 18:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
So, what do you think of the following strategy:
I'll get the microfilm reel for the decade 1870-1879, and hopefully find the rest of Stefano and Giuseppa's kids.
That will be necessary in order to validate or reject the manifest with Saveria.
Also, with the complete list of kids, if they indeed ...
I'll get the microfilm reel for the decade 1870-1879, and hopefully find the rest of Stefano and Giuseppa's kids.
That will be necessary in order to validate or reject the manifest with Saveria.
Also, with the complete list of kids, if they indeed ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 18:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
Going with the theory that Antonio *is* a different person than Stefano (e.g. sponsor or relative or adoptive father) ... are there Italian surnames that would sound like "Q-LEE-OH" ?
Thanks,
Craig
Yes, that could help explain the Stefano / Antonio thing.
On the name change, the family story is ...
Thanks,
Craig
Yes, that could help explain the Stefano / Antonio thing.
On the name change, the family story is ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 17:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
So that's the right age and occupation for Stefano.
Saveria would have been born in 1879, on the reel of microfilm prior to the one I have - so I would not have seen her yet.
But ... why would Stefano give his surname as Esposito - wasn't there a stigma associated with that ? And yet he gave his ...
Saveria would have been born in 1879, on the reel of microfilm prior to the one I have - so I would not have seen her yet.
But ... why would Stefano give his surname as Esposito - wasn't there a stigma associated with that ? And yet he gave his ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 02:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
Here is Melchiorre's birth record (if I read the given name correctly) - he married at age 22:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8615/melchiorremargiottamedr.jpg
and little Nunzia, who came over with Tommasso - she married at age 18:
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7259/nunziamargiottamedres ...
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8615/melchiorremargiottamedr.jpg
and little Nunzia, who came over with Tommasso - she married at age 18:
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/7259/nunziamargiottamedres ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 01:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
So, does that mean that Stefano Margiotta b. 1854 is not actually of Margiotta lineage ? That instead, nurse Benedetta gave him the given name of Esposito, her own surname, and that some time in his life, his given name changed to Stefano ?
When will these plot twists ever end ?
"nome e cognome ...
When will these plot twists ever end ?
"nome e cognome ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 01:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
Here's the record for Michele (is that a male name ?):
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7093/michelemargiottamedres.jpg
Sorry about the quality of this one - the film was quite light.
Father is Stefano, but the mother is not Giuseppa.
Does it say anywhere "illegitimate" ?
Does it say he is married ...
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7093/michelemargiottamedres.jpg
Sorry about the quality of this one - the film was quite light.
Father is Stefano, but the mother is not Giuseppa.
Does it say anywhere "illegitimate" ?
Does it say he is married ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 00:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
Thanks - I've made that change in my notes.
That would make him born ABT 1854 ... perhaps:
Name: Stefano Margiotta
Gender: Male
Baptism/Christening Date: 01 Dec 1854
Baptism/Christening Place: Sciacca, Sciacca, Girgenti
Birthplace: Sciacca, Agrigento, Italy
Name Note: Esposito, nome e cognome della ...
That would make him born ABT 1854 ... perhaps:
Name: Stefano Margiotta
Gender: Male
Baptism/Christening Date: 01 Dec 1854
Baptism/Christening Place: Sciacca, Sciacca, Girgenti
Birthplace: Sciacca, Agrigento, Italy
Name Note: Esposito, nome e cognome della ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 00:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
- Replies: 29
- Views: 14148
Re: Help with Birth Record Translation, Please
Yes, that could help explain the Stefano / Antonio thing.
On the name change, the family story is that Tommaso was asked, at some critical point, for his name. As a 12 yr old kid who didn't speak english, he thought he was being asked the name of his sponsor. He responded with something that ...
On the name change, the family story is that Tommaso was asked, at some critical point, for his name. As a 12 yr old kid who didn't speak english, he thought he was being asked the name of his sponsor. He responded with something that ...