Search found 11 matches
- 29 Sep 2010, 06:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help: name changed between generations
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2660
Re: Help: name changed between generations
see the answer I just posted to 'Ande' re: Name Discrepancies on Documents (in this forum)
- 29 Sep 2010, 06:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name Discrepencies On Documents
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3830
Re: Name Discrepencies On Documents
I just came from the LA Consulate appointment and was concerned about name discrepancies on the documents. For example, my grandfather's last name on his birth certificate is Fruscella. However, various other documents had his name spelled as Frucelli, Fruschelle, Fruscella, etc. And these were ...
- 02 Aug 2010, 19:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5763
Re: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
I agree, however regarding naturalization the fact is that the LA, NY, and Miami consulates all list the Certificate of Naturalization (from USCIS) as the 1st required document. They then describe the case of what to do if the document does not exist (as if your ancestor never naturalized); however ...
- 02 Aug 2010, 19:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5763
Re: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
Thanks. Despite the fact that multiple consulates are listing the Certificate of Naturalization (from USCIS) as a required document, I am discovering that many consulates will actually accept the Final Petition certified by NARA. Unfortunately, at least for the LA Consulate, they will not tell you ...
- 02 Aug 2010, 18:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5763
Re: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
Karen,
The helpful person I talked to was at the Rocky Mountain Region of NARA. I looked them up and called them because I knew that the documents I was looking for were probably there since my GF naturalized in the Federal Court for the District of Colorado. I did not talk to the USCIS, and I ...
The helpful person I talked to was at the Rocky Mountain Region of NARA. I looked them up and called them because I knew that the documents I was looking for were probably there since my GF naturalized in the Federal Court for the District of Colorado. I did not talk to the USCIS, and I ...
- 30 Jul 2010, 23:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question regarding discrepancies in documents
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4132
Re: Question regarding discrepancies in documents
Hi...Since we are both applying thru the LA Consulate do you know if they require a Certificate of Naturalization (certified copy from USCIS, which can take months, and may not be even legible when you get it!) or will a certified copy of Final Petition for Naturalization suffice (from NARA, which I ...
- 30 Jul 2010, 21:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question regarding discrepancies in documents
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4132
Re: Question regarding discrepancies in documents
I am waiting for the certified copy of GF's naturalization papers, which should be here in a few days. Then I will go over the documents to analyze the discrepancies that I think are there based on my conversations with NARA. Please do let me know if the LA Consulate responds to your email, or if ...
- 30 Jul 2010, 01:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Question regarding discrepancies in documents
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4132
Re: Question regarding discrepancies in documents
I am going through the same process and there are minor discrepancies in the spelling of my grandfather's last name. I can't say that I have direct experience other than I know I should be prepared for the worst; so that would imply that you must follow their instructions to the 'T'. They say: If ...
- 29 Jul 2010, 22:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5763
Naturalization record of grandfather in 90 min..Amazing!
Hi...I am applying for Italian citizenship through my maternal grandfather. My biggest concern was getting his naturalization records, if they existed at all, especially after reading the horror stories regarding the USCIS. I initiated the USCIS process a week ago. Then, today, I figured I'd overlap ...
- 20 Jul 2010, 01:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Address of Comune Montagano
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3742
Re: Address of Comune Montagano
Thanks!
- 20 Jul 2010, 00:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Address of Comune Montagano
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3742
Address of Comune Montagano
The Italian Consul advises to go to www.comune.it to find the address of a comune in Italy. My wife's maternal grandmother came from Agnone and this worked fine. However, I cannot find the address of the comune of Montagano where my wife's father emigrated from. www.comune.it says the website of ...