Search found 11 matches

by nolagirl
26 Apr 2013, 05:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Success at Houston Consulate
Replies: 18
Views: 8000

Re: Success at Houston Consulate

Hi Mikebenza, Just wanted you to know, I got my citizenship recognized thru the Houston Consulate back in April 2011 and finally got my passport about 6 months later in fall that year. I have been working with a friend who submitted her documents in April 2012 and she just spoke with them this past ...
by nolagirl
21 Feb 2011, 14:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Praiano in Cortale
Replies: 8
Views: 5497

Re: Praiano in Cortale

Hi batwood56, Thanks for writing. Glad to see your a relative of Dobbygog and the reason he hasn't been back to the forum. Sometimes theres just no time to fit everything in we want to do! Here's the info I have on Ippolita's family: Ippolita born was born on 10/6/1848 and I found a brother, Frances...
by nolagirl
24 Oct 2010, 23:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Praiano in Cortale
Replies: 8
Views: 5497

Re: Praiano in Cortale

Hi Dobbygog, I just saw your posting on Praianos in Cortale. My great-grandmother was a Praiano in Cortale. Her name was Ippolita Praiano she was married to Pasquale Antonio Rocca, my great-grandfather. Both of them were born, raised and died in Cortale. Their only living child, my grandfather, Raff...
by nolagirl
06 Aug 2010, 05:50
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: S. S. Italia Palermo to New Orleans November 09, 1891
Replies: 3
Views: 3273

Re: S. S. Italia Palermo to New Orleans November 09, 1891

:D Oh my gosh Tessie, you are wonderful! Thank you so much!

Angela
by nolagirl
06 Aug 2010, 02:01
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: S. S. Italia Palermo to New Orleans November 09, 1891
Replies: 3
Views: 3273

S. S. Italia Palermo to New Orleans November 09, 1891

Looking for the manifest record on my great-grandfather, Paul Amato, age 26. I have an index card record from INS showing he was on this ship. Does any one have copy of this manifest?

Thanks for your help.
Angela
by nolagirl
05 Aug 2010, 03:36
Topic: "Trinacria" arrival in New Orleans on Nov. 7, 1892
Replies: 4
Views: 3482

Re: "Trinacria" arrival in New Orleans on Nov. 7,

Tessa, Not at this moment. I'm pretty overwhelmed now. We're having a family reunion Labor Day weekend and I'm trying to recreate my Family Tree Maker -- I lost all my electronic data 2 years ago and just put off inputting it all again and now I'm up against the wall. But I am working on several dif...
by nolagirl
04 Aug 2010, 14:06
Topic: "Trinacria" arrival in New Orleans on Nov. 7, 1892
Replies: 4
Views: 3482

"Trinacria" arrival in New Orleans on Nov. 7, 1892

Hi, I am looking for my great grandmother's immigration information I understand that she was on the Trinacria on Nov. 7, 1892. Her name was Rosalia Lombardo -- I'm not sure if she was married by then or not her married name would have been Rosalia Lombardo Amato, wife of Paul Amato. Any info would ...
by nolagirl
04 Aug 2010, 05:00
Topic: Sansoni / Sansone Immigrated to Louisiana
Replies: 11
Views: 8268

Re: Sansoni / Sansone Immigrated to Louisiana

Hi, I am looking for my great grandmother's immigration information I understand that she was on the Trinacria on Nov. 7, 1892 also. Her name was Rosalia Lombardo -- I'm not sure if she was married by then or not her married name would have been Rosalia Lombardo Amato, wife of Paul Amato. Any info w...
by nolagirl
04 Aug 2010, 00:02
Topic: Grandfather ship's name
Replies: 10
Views: 6144

Re: Grandfather ship's name

Carmine, WOW :D you are Johnny on the spot! Thanks so much. Angela
by nolagirl
03 Aug 2010, 22:11
Topic: Grandfather ship's name
Replies: 10
Views: 6144

Re: Grandfather ship's name

Hi, I believe my great-grandmother was also on this ship, S. S. Capitain that entered New Orleans on December 08, 1891. Her married name was Maria Lombardo. Her maiden name was Maria D'ambolo. She was from Contessa Entellina and was married to Antonino Lombard. Is there any record of her on the mani...