Search found 7 matches
- 22 Sep 2018, 03:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scerni - Gesulina Rossi & Eugenio Raymondi
- Replies: 2
- Views: 839
Scerni - Gesulina Rossi & Eugenio Raymondi
My great grandfather was Eugenio Raymondi (b. 10/23/1850). Eugenio was a very special man. A "Cavaliere dell'Ordine dell Corona d'Italia". In fact, it is the book that he wrote in 1919, "Piccola Monografia Sur Scerni" that gave us the history of the Raymondi family back to the 1500's in Venice. A ...
- 22 Sep 2018, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scerni - Looking for Raimondi & Ottaviano families
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2723
Re: Scerni - Looking for Raimondi & Ottaviano families
It has been almost 8 years since I started this thread. I am happy to say that I have learned a great deal about my family in Italy, including Paola Raymondi, my second cousin who I just "met" earlier this week. Paola is correct. Everything in our family begins and ends with Eugenio Raymondi (b. 10 ...
- 30 Jan 2011, 20:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Best Online Translator?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1348
Best Online Translator?
Although I could not find the information, I'm sure that this has been asked before. Which online translation website works the best for English-Italian-English translation? I have used both Yahoo Babelfish and Google Translate. Babelfish seems better, but neither are very good.
This is for casual ...
This is for casual ...
- 31 Oct 2010, 14:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calabritto - Looking for Magro family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3729
Re: Calabritto - Looking for Magro family
Laura,
You have solved the mystery that has been in our family for years. There was always a suspicion that Magro had been Americanized from some other name. Now we know our family name is Megaro . This is a stunning finding. I can't begin to thank you for your help.
Everything you wrote fits our ...
You have solved the mystery that has been in our family for years. There was always a suspicion that Magro had been Americanized from some other name. Now we know our family name is Megaro . This is a stunning finding. I can't begin to thank you for your help.
Everything you wrote fits our ...
- 30 Oct 2010, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calabritto - Looking for Magro family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3729
Calabritto - Looking for Magro family
I am looking for my Magro relatives in Calabritto, provincia di Avellino, Campania, Italy.
I have very little to go on. My grandfather Michael was born in 1881. His parents were Vito (b. 1851) and Christina (b. 1861). Vito and Christina brought their entire family to the US in the early 1900's ...
I have very little to go on. My grandfather Michael was born in 1881. His parents were Vito (b. 1851) and Christina (b. 1861). Vito and Christina brought their entire family to the US in the early 1900's ...
- 30 Oct 2010, 15:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scerni - Looking for Raimondi & Ottaviano families
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2723
Re: Scerni - Looking for Raimondi & Ottaviano families
Thanks very much to vj. Pagine Bianchi has given us a few names to work with - not specifically in Scerni, but in provincia di Chieti.
I was hoping that members on this board might have some specific knowledge of:
Scerni
Raimondi/Raymondi
Ottaviano
Thank you!
I was hoping that members on this board might have some specific knowledge of:
Scerni
Raimondi/Raymondi
Ottaviano
Thank you!
- 20 Oct 2010, 01:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scerni - Looking for Raimondi & Ottaviano families
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2723
Scerni - Looking for Raimondi & Ottaviano families
I am looking for my Raimondi & Ottaviano relatives in Scerni, provincia di Chieti, Abruzzo, Italy.
My grandmother, Rosa Raimondi, was born in Scerni in 1892. There were 6 children in her family. 4 came to the US. 2 stayed in Scerni - Luigi Raimondi and Nucella Ottaviano.
Luigi Raimondi had 3 ...
My grandmother, Rosa Raimondi, was born in Scerni in 1892. There were 6 children in her family. 4 came to the US. 2 stayed in Scerni - Luigi Raimondi and Nucella Ottaviano.
Luigi Raimondi had 3 ...