Search found 103 matches

by piazza16428
12 Jun 2019, 22:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Caterina Piazza
Replies: 4
Views: 892

Re: Caterina Piazza

I have information on Caterina, but the only information I have is that she was married to Giuseppe Rizzzari on November 23, 1836. Her siblings were Manfredo and Vincenzo Piazza. Her parents were Cristofaro Piazza and Beatrice Fraterrigo, her grandparents were Manfredo Piazza and Vincenza Cerasa. I ...
by piazza16428
28 Aug 2016, 21:22
Topic: Piazza Family from Vallelunga
Replies: 9
Views: 1871

Re: Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Shirly good to hear from you. If you would like to correspond thru my e-mail please do so at piazza16428@gmail.com

I have a couple questions regarding your grandfather that you may be able to answer

Sam
by piazza16428
28 Aug 2016, 18:38
Topic: Piazza Family from Vallelunga
Replies: 9
Views: 1871

Re: Piazza Family from Vallelunga

Good afternoon

If you would like to contact me regarding the information regarding the Piazza Family I have been doing some extensive research and I have the books mentioned in the post above.

Thanks
Sam Piazza
http://piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com/
by piazza16428
11 Sep 2011, 16:40
Topic: Piazza Family from Vallelunga originating in Germany
Replies: 1
Views: 685

Piazza Family from Vallelunga originating in Germany

I had a conversation a number of weeks ago from a relative that lives in California and he indicated that he remembered his grandfather talking about how his ancestors would have immigrated to Sicily from Germany. I was wondering if anyone else out there has heard stories or has received documentati...
by piazza16428
05 Aug 2011, 17:08
Topic: Family History 1600's in Sicily
Replies: 1
Views: 953

Family History 1600's in Sicily

Good Day All I have successfully traced my family tree back to the early 1700's and now I am faced with trying to cross another bridge and go back even further if possible. I am trying to find out if anyone out there has successfully traced their family history beyond the 1700's and if so anyone wou...
by piazza16428
17 Jul 2011, 17:49
Topic: Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla
Replies: 6
Views: 4825

Re: Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla

I can make a copy of the pages of the Conti Family Genealogy, if you want to send me an e-mail at piazza16428@gmail I will send you electronic copies. By the way I have Conti Family members on the tree we have created at www.piazzafamiglia.tribalpages.com. Conti, Anthony S (???? - 1980) Conti, Chris...
by piazza16428
15 Jul 2011, 01:46
Topic: Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla
Replies: 6
Views: 4825

Re: Le famiglie di Vallelunga", author Giuseppe Cipolla

Yes I have copies of the books now. They are great to have. I had a relative that went to Sicily and picked up copies for me. A fantantic find, lots of families and lots of information.
by piazza16428
08 Jul 2011, 15:45
Topic: Di Piazza to Piazza
Replies: 3
Views: 2492

Re: Di Piazza to Piazza

Carmine Thanks for the information. One other quick question, if I am trying to find out where the three branches of the Piazza Family originated from that ended up settling in Vallelunga what would you advise be my next step in my research. I have pretty much exhusted my search in Vallelunga and ha...
by piazza16428
08 Jul 2011, 15:12
Topic: Di Piazza to Piazza
Views: 2492

Di Piazza to Piazza

Trying to gather information regarding the changing of the surname that I am researching. I have been successful in researching my surname Piazza back to Vallelunga Pratameno, Province of Caltanisetta, Sicily, Italy. In fact I have been able to trace my ancestry back to about the year 1756. I have a...
by piazza16428
08 Apr 2011, 18:27
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Love the new site
Replies: 30
Views: 10735

Love the new site

:lol:
I love the new site, congradulations of a successful implementation.
by piazza16428
31 Mar 2011, 13:43
Topic: Translation Help
Views: 857

Re: Translation Help

Thank you so much
by piazza16428
31 Mar 2011, 13:26
Topic: Translation Help
Views: 857

Translation Help

Good morning all.

Hoping someone out there can help me translate the names on the following Certificato di Nascita. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam
by piazza16428
21 Mar 2011, 15:24
Topic: Cologero Franchina
Replies: 2
Views: 1300

Re: Cologero Franchina

Wanted to repost this message to see if I can get any bites on my research. Trying to find out Cologero Franchina's parents from Patti, Sicily. Immigrated to the US in 1906 and may have several brothers and or sisters that I would love to identify. The Franchina line in my family tree has reached an...
by piazza16428
07 Mar 2011, 21:28
Topic: Translating a name
Replies: 7
Views: 1935

Re: Translating a name

I know it is bad to translate names and I would never do that unless when the individual comes to this country and they go by the americanized name such as in this case. I was researching thru some old obituaries and had a Concetta Piazza Fortunato but could not place the name because of the spellin...
by piazza16428
07 Mar 2011, 13:59
Topic: Translating a name
Replies: 7
Views: 1935

Re: Translating a name

Tessa78 It's funny that you should mention the namce Concetto because I was doing some research this weekend and found out that the name that we were looking for was Concetta and she married Ercolando Fortunato and I have been in contact with family members associated with this union. Thanks for eve...